There- I fixed it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is my truck. I put a new radiator in it. Then, found the overflow bottle had a crack in it. IMG_20190928_125423.jpgwell, oem one was 48$ plus shipping. And, aftermarket were crazy priced too. I finally fd a web site for about 25$ but, in need the truck. Well, I fixed it! If it doesn't melt, or mess up, then I'm gonna leave it like this. My wife said I was "nursing it along".
:)
Nate

Been doing general maintenance and fixing stuff for the past several weeks. The main two lately are the quad and it's Thule dump trailer.

I do an annual go over of the quad and change all four fluids. I pull all the body panels off and skid plates to give it a good cleaning and look over. This year an A-arm bolt was loose and found a front universal boot is punctured.

The trailer I tow with the atv is eleven years old. Wiring has been shot for all of two years, and the electic dump consequently didn't work. Shovel in/shovel out. It had a four-way trailer plug plus a three-way plug for the actuator (dump box). Changed it out to a seven-way trailer plug. Not quit done. I need a new up/down switch, and a termination bar for some of the wiring connections to do it right. For now things are soldered/heat shrunk, and some things are wire nutted. The running light, brake light, electric brakes and actuator all function. Which is good because I use it a lot.
The quad is an '06. It has been great, with a log arch, SuperSplit splitter, two trailers, and for a few years a TW-6.IMG_1787.jpg IMG_1805.jpg IMG_1858.jpg IMG_1857.jpg 59128432272__8463EA69-5169-4A14-8EAB-BFAA302417FD.jpg IMG_1872.jpgIMG_1873.JPG

Natster Years ago I did something similar. Change motor in a 85 chevy pickup and the overflow tank got cracked during the engine swap. Found it leaking when we got it running and we where leaving town in the morning and I all I had was a empty antifreeze gallon jug drilled a hole in the cap filled it put the hose in zip tied it to the truck and it was still that way 10 years later when the truck got sold.

The third photo in post #3 shows the trailer tongue shifted over. All the loose wires and connections were in the frame and tongue tubes. I replaced all the frame wiring and used the cheap plastic flex tubing inside the frame. I know nothing about electricity. It was all trial and error. Lots of both, and the dogs weren't much help either. Now to finish it up. Nice handy trailer.
59008545399__66BC7262-2D99-4BCE-8A04-E0ABF4E4A3AF.jpg IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1877.jpg 59128436730__A44AADAC-E374-4D1F-BEF4-16E56BB7D7E2.jpgIMG_1828.JPG

I don't expect the nipple on top to last. But, it may last long enough to determine if the bottle can take the heat

I love to look at rat rods at car shows. So many unique fixes for this and that and other.
This one used a antque fire extingusher for a over flow battle.
6mRxqL6.jpg

Other popular fixes are whisky & wine bottles, Small kerosine cans too.

:D Al

Back