There's a tree in my dam!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outofmytree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had some fun on Saturday at a local horse property. They lost a Marri a few weeks back into a dam. Soft clay, steep slopes, gravel in the soil and a couple of tonnes of dead wood harder than oak. Yay!

It took 2 hours and a few tricks but we got it all out in time for lunch. I bet there is someone who could have done it half that time though...... :bowdown: :fart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9kCaH2XcGA

I remembered to put on my safety glasses.... 10 minutes from the end!

Had some fun on Saturday at a local horse property. They lost a Marri a few weeks back into a dam. Soft clay, steep slopes, gravel in the soil and a couple of tonnes of dead wood harder than oak. Yay!

It took 2 hours and a few tricks but we got it all out in time for lunch. I bet there is someone who could have done it half that time though...... :bowdown: :fart:

I see most of the Dingos are being made with thinner tracks. I don't see why.

30 mins tops:hmm3grin2orange:

I see most of the Dingos are being made with thinner tracks. I don't see why.

2006 model TX420 exactly as it came out of the crate Dan. By thinner do you mean not as wide or not as thick from inner to outer face?

30 mins tops

LOL. If you could muster up as much wind as a couple of posters here Rope you could reduce that time to as long as it takes to pull your finger!

2006 model TX420 exactly as it came out of the crate Dan. By thinner do you mean not as wide or not as thick from inner to outer face?

LOL. If you could muster up as much wind as a couple of posters here Rope you could reduce that time to as long as it takes to pull your finger!

the tracks on yours are not as wide as mine. I just wonder why they are making them like that now.

the tracks on yours are not as wide as mine. I just wonder why they are making them like that now.

Dunno. Do you have a 425? Maybe it is a model difference?

Just had a look at the website and its says tracks are 150mm and 241 mm wide respectively. I bought the 420 because gates over here are 900mm wide and it was the narrowest (856mm) skid steer in its lifting class. Just as well I bought a tracked machine because on wheels I would have been in that dam more than once yesterday!

Dunno. Do you have a 425? Maybe it is a model difference?

Just had a look at the website and its says tracks are 150mm and 241 mm wide respectively. I bought the 420 because gates over here are 900mm wide and it was the narrowest (856mm) skid steer in its lifting class. Just as well I bought a tracked machine because on wheels I would have been in that dam more than once yesterday!

Great video, thanks for posting. Loved the grapple steer. Rep on the way when I get reloaded.:cheers:

Awesome Job and good work with the camera! I would have never thought that little machaine could have done all that though. A+ work

dam

Beautiful country there, I bet you could actually run over a dingo with your dingo

Latest posts

Back