There's old tree men and bold tree men...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mapleman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
"There's old tree men and there's bold tree men, but there's no old, bold tree men!"

Hi guys,

By chance I stumbled across this website yesterday. It's great! Wish I would have found it years ago. I started climbing in 1970 on manila ropes using a Homelite XL 12 (?)--the blue one with rear mounted handle. Almost 40 years later I'm still dancing around in sugar maples with my 020 T.

I've climbed in Northern Cal, the Northeast, North Carolina, Florida, Hawaii, New Zealand, and Australia, among other places. I'm sure I've must have run into some of you monkeys somewhere along the way, and this forum is a good way to reconnect or to start new connections. I'll be posting new threads over the next few days regarding work experiences, tree stories, philosophic meanderings and such. For now I just wanted to say--"Hang on to your topknots."

Rob Ogus

Welcome rob. Word of caution, playing around on here gets addictive.

Some real good dudes...and alot of fakes, one of the fun parts is figuring out who is for real, and who is a ********** fake wannabe that couldnt climb thier way out of a wet paper bag.

Lots to learn too though. I can ask any question regarding arboriculture and someone will have an answer. Good place AS.

Good luck, MDS.

Welcome aboard Rob. Glad to have ya. Been climbing professionally since 91. The old blue top handle Homie was the first chainsaw I ever used period. It was my dad's saw. Heavy as a boat anchor but dependable and cut well.

Good to have ya, maple. I love hearin' stories from the old timers on here. Not that I'm callin' you old or nothin'. You could probably climb circles 'round my ass with all your experience. :cheers:

Nice quote Rob and welcome.

I'm a humble student of arboriculture and this site kicks the learning curve into high gear. Great to see someone with a wealth of experience add to its value.

Latest posts

Back