What have i here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a scan Lee. Had to shrink it to get all to upload. Bill's already provided the one page with the clutches. You'll see the note about the crank here that's the same info as from the service bulletin.

View attachment 241718

Dan

Your an ace Dan, Really appreciate it.

So what your saying is the 7/8 clutch was on the early Super 2100's ?
I always thought it was the later ones. Figured Homelite thought there
was a need for a larger clutch for longer bars as well as the power they
put out.

This IPL also shows the pic's of the quiet muffler. Nice.

Thanks Lee

On the 7/8" shoes, the original Super 2100 parts list shows only the 7/8" shoes. The Rev 1 print (as Bill just posted) shows it can come with either the 3/4" or 7/8". There's a service bulletin from April '73 that states that as of serial number 30871001, all the Super 2100s would be fitted with the 3/4" shoes, essentially doing away with the 7/8". There's no explanation why they were changing. Showed the "updated" part numbers for the crank, drum, spider, shoes, spring and clutch cover. Wonder if it was to save money, or if there was some failure or safety issue with the 7/8" clutch :confused2:.

Dan

I know this is an old thread and many of the posters have moved on, but is there any chance somebody has a scan of this service bulletin regarding the 7/8" clutch.

Also, I don't see any pictures of Lee's completed NOS 2100.

Chris B.

I know this is an old thread and many of the posters have moved on, but is there any chance somebody has a scan of this service bulletin regarding the 7/8" clutch.

Also, I don't see any pictures of Lee's completed NOS 2100.

Chris B.
Take a look at memo # 552 page 21.

Attachments

• 1973_535-563.pdf
    6.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back