They said they was gonna do it, they did!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
send me the saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thall I really thank you for the offer but I will kit the carb. I don't have time right now to even stop by the stihl dealer and he knows I fix my own stuff, he is a good chap and he has the parts but does not sell the 200 so I bought it from a different dealer that said the commercial warranty was only 90 days. Anyway I will first kit it if that does not do it I will decide whether its worth doing anything else to.

Thall I really thank you for the offer but I will kit the carb. I don't have time right now to even stop by the stihl dealer and he knows I fix my own stuff, he is a good chap and he has the parts but does not sell the 200 so I bought it from a different dealer that said the commercial warranty was only 90 days. Anyway I will first kit it if that does not do it I will decide whether its worth doing anything else to.

You guys in the states certainly get better Stihl pricing but you get ripped on the warranty. We get 12 months commercial here. My Husky 3120 is 12 months commercial and 24 months non commercial. Husky dealer put me down as non commercial :) although I really don't expect any problems with an old dinosaur like this.
200T's are quite obviously the pick of the top handles but I'm surprised how many go down with accelerator pump problems and equally surprised that this issue hasn't been addressed (to my knowledge?). Local Stihl dealer told me that the older saws don't have it and didn't have too many issues. Their fix is to simply remove it and epoxy the carby hole/gallery up (I'm no carby expert!). Thats what they did to mine and now it runs like a clock...

I have a feeling yours will take more than a carby kit to fix unless it includes some fix for the accelerator pump...

The best selling brand of beer in the world isn't the best tasting beer by any stretch. Sales figures don't mean a thing.

I hate to admit it, but oldtimer is indeed right : sales figures are important but actually do not mean much to a company, on the other hand, positive cash flow, Ebitda are . You can sell a lot of stuff, but if you don't make any money out of it, your business is not going anywhere.

Brahahaha to be a good salesman honesty go's right out the window:laugh:
Shyster and salesman both start with s:monkey:

Rope, you may be a good arborist, but if you don't recognize the value of a good salesman, I really feel for you. Btw, are you making any money on treework ?

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but oldtimer is indeed right : sales figures are important but actually do not mean much to a company, on the other hand, positive cash flow, Ebitda are . You can sell a lot of stuff, but if you don't make any money out of it, your business is not going anywhere.

Rope, you may be a good arborist, but if you don't recognize the value of a good salesman, I really feel for you. Btw, are you making any money on treework ?

Oh I recognize the value alright but the really good ones I have seen are merely pro bsérs lol.
Yup their valuable I prolly could use one and your second question is sorta hard to answer as our business is loaded with so much overhead it ain't funny.

Oh I recognize the value alright but the really good ones I have seen are merely pro bsérs lol.

That's a bit confusing, how can they be "good" if they are BSers ? Fact is Rope that good sales people are the ones you can actually trust and who care about your interests as well. You should go out more and see that fella from Leesburg for ex. He made you a nice offer on that 200T. Take it and focus on what you are really good at : treework.

Yup their valuable I prolly could use one and your second question is sorta hard to answer as our business is loaded with so much overhead it ain't funny.

If you run a business, you need to count the beans from time to time. Maybe you can subcontract some work to illegal mexicans for a while and improve your sales skills in the meantime.... :laugh::laugh:

Sales figures do matter, in fact they are top proirty. Take the Snapper Lawn Mower company for example. Recently the head of Snapper told Wal-mart he no longer wanted his brand sold by them, he wanted out. In doing so he gave up 20% of his total sales nationwide. His reasoning behind the move, Wal-mart had low balled him so much he said he wasn't making a profit any longer and if there's no profit what is the point of doing business. Wal-mart stuck to their profit margins, they refused to give in, he told em see ya......

That's a bit confusing, how can they be "good" if they are BSers ? Fact is Rope that good sales people are the ones you can actually trust and who care about your interests as well. You should go out more and see that fella from Leesburg for ex. He made you a nice offer on that 200T. Take it and focus on what you are really good at : treework.

If you run a business, you need to count the beans from time to time. Maybe you can subcontract some work to illegal mexicans for a while and improve your sales skills in the meantime.... :laugh::laugh:

Ha ha ha I think you took a :poke: at me:monkey: I would bet with my back ground and a backer I could turn billions of husky's:angel:

Sales figures do matter, in fact they are top proirty. Take the Snapper Lawn Mower company for example. Recently the head of Snapper told Wal-mart he no longer wanted his brand sold by them, he wanted out. In doing so he gave up 20% of his total sales nationwide. His reasoning behind the move, Wal-mart had low balled him so much he said he wasn't making a profit any longer and if there's no profit what is the point of doing business. Wal-mart stuck to their profit margins, they refused to give in, he told em see ya......

Your statement supports Belgians assertion. Sales figures at the expense of EBITDA and cash flow can only go on so long. Great for clearing inventory but horrible as a long term business model.

$200 plus whatever actual shipping for the 200T rope? Gives you a nice downpayment on that johnyy red topper and we can all stop hearing about what a ####ty saw that 200 is!

$200 plus whatever actual shipping for the 200T rope? Gives you a nice downpayment on that johnyy red topper and we can all stop hearing about what a ####ty saw that 200 is!

He's not going to sell you that saw, he's gonna send it to me. I'm gonna fix it while I make the UPS driver wait and then send it back to Rope the sameday. He's gonna go out and make lots of money with it and send me a big fat tip. Course if he doesn't its no biggie, I'll just get my gas can and torch,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Amazingly the 192 has done well except it feels weird the starter feels puny and it makes funny noises but it runs and starts so I keep using it.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Rope whats really amazing is your sig says the 192 isn't running, now you aren't using that thing as a handsaw like a carpenter are ya,LOLOLOL

He's not going to sell you that saw, he's gonna send it to me. I'm gonna fix it while I make the UPS driver wait and then send it back to Rope the sameday. He's gonna go out and make lots of money with it and send me a big fat tip. Course if he doesn't its no biggie, I'll just get my gas can and torch,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Tommy,

I'm ready to roll.

joatTheTorch

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Rope whats really amazing is your sig says the 192 isn't running, now you aren't using that thing as a handsaw like a carpenter are ya,LOLOLOL

Is Rope a member of the Carpenters? He replace Karen?

Last edited:
Howdy,
When you become number one is one thing, how you do it is another. We have a 30 day return policy for as long as the item wasn't used or washed and we could sell it as new. We will give a full refund. So we have a customer order a OEM 044 cylinder and piston. He calls and says we sent him an aftermarket cylinder. When the agent asked me, I just said it must have been a mis-pick, send another and send a return label for the original. This was a first time Internet customer, he was pissed, and just wanted a credit be cause he thought we were rip-offs. Apparently he isn't a AS member, or I'm sure there would have been a thread by now. So the cylinder and piston got back to me today and guess what, it's an OEM in OEM packaging. I'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem with it but, for over 3 bills you should get more than a chrome plated Italian Gilardoni cylinder and piston.
What bugs me is that we have to be very careful with countries of origin when we ship things into or out of the country. This thing has no country of origin on it and the packaging says Original Stihl parts Germany. I don't blame the guy for being mad. I going to call him tomorrow to let him know what happened and maybe we can get him back.
Regards
Gregg

That's nothin, wait untill he orderes a new OEM tank for that 044 and sees them flippy caps.:hmm3grin2orange:

Howdy,
When you become number one is one thing, how you do it is another. We have a 30 day return policy for as long as the item wasn't used or washed and we could sell it as new. We will give a full refund. So we have a customer order a OEM 044 cylinder and piston. He calls and says we sent him an aftermarket cylinder. When the agent asked me, I just said it must have been a mis-pick, send another and send a return label for the original. This was a first time Internet customer, he was pissed, and just wanted a credit be cause he thought we were rip-offs. Apparently he isn't a AS member, or I'm sure there would have been a thread by now. So the cylinder and piston got back to me today and guess what, it's an OEM in OEM packaging. I'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem with it but, for over 3 bills you should get more than a chrome plated Italian Gilardoni cylinder and piston.
What bugs me is that we have to be very careful with countries of origin when we ship things into or out of the country. This thing has no country of origin on it and the packaging says Original Stihl parts Germany. I don't blame the guy for being mad. I going to call him tomorrow to let him know what happened and maybe we can get him back.
Regards
Gregg

Thats interesting Greg. So you guys deal with Pacific Stihl in getting OEM Stihl parts?

Yawn.

Thought I'd see what the ol' board was up to...hadn't been here in a while.

I see nothing's changed.

Hey Tommy...if it's any consolation, Ford's been telling the same lies as Stihl for twenty years now.

"What's the best selling brand of truck in America? Ford."

But who sells more trucks than any company in America?

General Motors. And it's not even close.

Nor has it ever been.

It's just that GM sells 'em with and without lock washers.

Yawn.

Yawn.

Thought I'd see what the ol' board was up to...hadn't been here in a while.

I see nothing's changed.

Hey Tommy...if it's any consolation, Ford's been telling the same lies as Stihl for twenty years now.

"What's the best selling brand of truck in America? Ford."

But who sells more trucks than any company in America?

General Motors. And it's not even close.

Nor has it ever been.

It's just that GM sells 'em with and without lock washers.

Yawn.

Hey Woodie where ya been man, hope you've been doing good. Oh you don't need to console me Woodie, I thought I would have to console you, I mean you was the one proven DEAD wrong,LOLOL

Latest posts

Back