They said they was gonna do it, they did!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

i am repping you for that as soon as i can:cheers::cheers::ices_rofl::laugh::laugh:

OP said:
All those crappy cylinders, poor reliability, sorry azz dealers have really hurt Stihl, yup, Stihl quailty has really declined. So much so they may not be in business much longer, oh wait, lookie here,LOLOL

STIHL is the Number One Selling Brand of Handheld Outdoor Power Equipment in AmericaMajor Milestone a Historic First for the Company
Release Date: June 2010

The best selling brand of beer in the world isn't the best tasting beer by any stretch. Sales figures don't mean a thing.

The best tasting beers are hand crafted in small batches with premium ingredients and given accute attention. Only skilled brewmasters produce the best

The best saws are also custom built by skilled tradesmen with customized parts and meticulously tuned to optimize performance.

And you know what is in common with both? They cost too much!

Cheap beer gets ya loaded, and factory saws cut wood just fine;)

I'd really like to see the entire report!!!

I think it is somewhat deceptive to narrow the parameters of your goal down to something that you can easily achieve instead of setting a goal that you actually have to work for.
I could say that I want, within the next year, to become the number one seller of O.P.E. that had been resurrected from the dead by rms61moparman.
All I would have to do is rebuild a few trimmers and saws and sell them and POOF! my goal is met.

I am finding Stihls claim somewhat hard to swallow, with the tremendous amount of Poulan trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws sold around the world every day!!!

Mike

I think it is somewhat deceptive to narrow the parameters of your goal down to something that you can easily achieve instead of setting a goal that you actually have to work for.
I could say that I want, within the next year, to become the number one seller of O.P.E. that had been resurrected from the dead by rms61moparman.
All I would have to do is rebuild a few trimmers and saws and sell them and POOF! my goal is met.

I am finding Stihls claim somewhat hard to swallow, with the tremendous amount of Poulan trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws sold around the world every day!!!

Mike

I think it will take more than a few trimmers Mike. Last year, 2009, with the market still down overall, Va Beach still put out 3.8 million units, thats several more than a few.

Far as the claim goes its not Stihl's claim your not buying, its someone else, market reseachers who follow market trends and data as a profession.

"Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research (commercial landscapers) as well as independent consumer research of 2009 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.

Is Poulan really sold around the world, I don't think so, seems the American market is two fold, those that want it cheap, Poulan, and those that want it good regardless of cost, Stihl. I guess there are less cheap bas-tards in the USA than I thought,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Excellent posts spike.

The key word in the Stihl report is "Brand" because Husqvarna is a much larger manufacturer of chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, etc. but they are sold under several different brands. There are a pile of cheap poulan/weedeater brand trimmers sold in north america but outside of NA they use McCulloch and partner brand names. Add all the brand names together and they would outsell Stihl. Same thing in the pro landscaping market, add Husqvarna, Redmax, Jonsered together and there would be more units sold than Stihl but Stihl is the number one "Brand". I wouldn't be surprised if Yamabiko outsold Stihl as well when you add Echo and Shindaiwa together.

I'm not a huge Stihl fan but they do have a great marketing department that knows how to take advantage of their strengths

My point is that they couldn't compete with Husky and the Husqvarna group as the number one seller of outdoor power equipment, so they narrow the parameters of the group by adding the word HANDHELD.
Thereby eliminating the sales of all the Husky/Poulan lawnmowers, rototillers etc.

Like I said I'd like to see the complete report so I could find out what Stihl omitted in their release.

I love Stihl and their products (mostly) and hope to see them happy and healthy for decades.
But I'll bet you this is just the side of the story that Stihl wants you to see.

If every Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, K-mart, Tractor Supply, Meijer and Target sold just one Poulan per day for a week that would take a big bite out of Stihls "LEAD".

There are hundreds of those companies doing market research and polls.
You can find one to say anything you want said, and have the data to prove that it's true.

Mike

blowers, and chainsaws sold around the world every day!!!

Really? Stihl didn't work for the title of being #1 in OPE?

My point is that they couldn't compete with Husky and the Husqvarna group as the number one seller of outdoor power equipment, so they narrow the parameters of the group by adding the word HANDHELD.
Thereby eliminating the sales of all the Husky/Poulan lawnmowers, rototillers etc.

Like I said I'd like to see the complete report so I could find out what Stihl omitted in their release.

I love Stihl and their products (mostly) and hope to see them happy and healthy for decades.
But I'll bet you this is just the side of the story that Stihl wants you to see.

If every Home Depot, Lowe's, Wal-Mart, K-mart, Tractor Supply, Meijer and Target sold just one Poulan per day for a week that would take a big bite out of Stihls "LEAD".

There are hundreds of those companies doing market research and polls.
You can find one to say anything you want said, and have the data to prove that it's true.

Mike

I think your missing the point Mike. What Stihl is really boasting about is they do not need all those retail chains you just mentioned.

You have a what if there. Let me give you one of mine. What if all those other brands sold their products the way Stihl does and didn't have the those big retail chains to rely on. How many would be out of business next year?

I think your missing the point Mike. What Stihl is really boasting about is they do not need all those retail chains you just mentioned.

You have a what if there. Let me give you one of mine. What if all those other brands sold their products the way Stihl does and didn't have the those big retail chains to rely on. How many would be out of business next year?

Tommy,

People want to argue about this but they seem to let all the usual unsubstantiated BS flow without question!

Oh, an example? OK.

No I haven't. I try to stay away from clamshell engines. They're just more trouble to work on.

Another? OK.

We just had ethics training at work today. I don't think I can do this:greenchainsaw:

joat

Tommy,

People want to argue about this but they seem to let all the usual unsubstantiated BS flow without question!

Oh, an example? OK.

Another? OK.

joat

Well Joat I guess I look at it abit differant. I'm quite happy with the claim but for reasons beyond power equipment. Almost 70% of all Stihl made is made in Va Beach by American workers. Far as I'm concerned Stihl is more of a American company than a German one based on WE Americans are producing the largest % of it. That said I feel good knowing the good ole USA worker is still the best in the world and if they produce a No.1 brand more power to them,:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

All those crappy cylinders, poor reliability, sorry azz dealers have really hurt Stihl, yup, Stihl quailty has really declined. So much so they may not be in business much longer, oh wait, lookie here,LOLOL

STIHL is the Number One Selling Brand of Handheld Outdoor Power Equipment in AmericaMajor Milestone a Historic First for the Company
Release Date: June 2010

Press Inquiries:
Anita Gambill
(757) 486-9151 office

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – STIHL, already recognized as the number one selling brand of chain saws and cut-off machines worldwide, reached another milestone as the number one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment in America. Officials at STIHL Inc. announced today that syndicated commercial and independent consumer research of 2009 U.S. sales and market share data shows that the brand has extended its market leading position to handheld outdoor power equipment for consumers and professional landscapers.

“The STIHL story is filled with many firsts which have earned the company numerous marketplace recognitions over the years,” said Fred Whyte, president of STIHL Inc. “This latest achievement is especially gratifying and affirms our dedication to manufacturing excellence and our unique distribution strategy.”

STIHL Inc., founded by ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in 1974, is based in Virginia Beach Va., and manufactures over 180 different model variations of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment products for sale in the U.S. and around the world.

Becoming the number one selling brand is especially significant given that almost every one of STIHL’s competitors in the consumer and professional handheld outdoor power equipment market utilize mass merchants to sell their product. STIHL’s distribution network in the U.S. includes 12 distributors and more than 8,000 independent servicing dealers and its decision to forgo the mass merchant retail channels and distribute product only through servicing dealers was featured in the recently released book “The Distribution Trap: Keeping Your Innovations from Becoming Commodities” by Dr. Andrew Thomas and Dr. Timothy Wilkinson.

"Number one selling brand" is based on syndicated Irwin Broh Research (commercial landscapers) as well as independent consumer research of 2009 U.S. sales and market share data for the gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment category combined sales to consumers and commercial landscapers.

Hahahaha.
THALL,
I have known a lot of really good salesmen in my life. Just judging by what I read I'm not sure you are the best, but I'd say you are definately among the top 5. :cheers:
You are however among the top 2 instigators I've ever known. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Hahahaha.
THALL,
I have known a lot of really good salesmen in my life. Just judging by what I read I'm not sure you are the best, but I'd say you are definately among the top 5. :cheers:
You are however among the top 2 instigators I've ever known. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Well Andy what did you read that has you giggling so much? Wait till you see the new Stihl ad in the Wall Street Journal, you will really giggle then,hahaha

Mike

don't get ahead of yourself Mikey, just sell one and you're in the lead!

Like I said earlier in the thread, in 2009 Echo was leading in the handheld category combined, not STIHL. I saw this on a glossy comparison sheet. Where the hell is STIHL getting this they're the best selling in the world crap? They've been saying number 1 worldwide for years so i guess they will change it to number 1 selling brand worldwide now? more marketing garbage. you can be the best selling brand, who cares? that's like saying vanilla ice is a great musician because he outsold everyone in his era. Husqvarna makes the best saws with or without a gimmicky slogan.

Like I said earlier in the thread, in 2009 Echo was leading in the handheld category combined, not STIHL. I saw this on a glossy comparison sheet. Where the hell is STIHL getting this they're the best selling in the world crap? They've been saying number 1 worldwide for years so i guess they will change it to number 1 selling brand worldwide now? more marketing garbage. you can be the best selling brand, who cares? that's like saying vanilla ice is a great musician because he outsold everyone in his era. Husqvarna makes the best saws with or without a gimmicky slogan.

Echo, what a joke. Talk about going downhill fast......
STIHL is number 1 so get over it.

As far as your posts... WHO CARES!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back