Thinking about selling my 026??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl026man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im thinking about selling my 026 to get somethin bigger. I love the saw and would like to keep it and get somethin bigger but cant afford to have both. Just curious how much it would be worth? It is in near mint condition no scratches or scuffs on the plastic. Still has the original bar on it and has the original bar code sticker on the front under the muffler. Also runs great like new. Like I said im not sure what I want to do yet but im just curios what I can get out of it.

Sell It on Ebay, they seem to get the most $$$ Maybe 250-300 tops IMO if its real nice. You can post it on AS maybe someone will trade you???
I got a real nice 026 for 125 bucks, that's cheap for a 026. I planed on selling mine for a quick buck, but my cad kicked in and I am going to keep it.

czar800, thanks for the reply. Sorry but 250-300 sounds alot better than 125!

Im in fayette county, where are you from?

I'd vote for selling on ebay also. I've been looking on there and even ones that look like someone found them under the sand at the beach and then decided to coat them with grease and drag them home down a gravel road seem to bring close to $200!

Ha if you hang around us too much more your gonna end up with a sig like this
v

czar800, thanks for the reply. Sorry but 250-300 sounds alot better than 125!

Im in fayette county, where are you from?

Beaver County, Did I tell you to Never sell a chainsaw!! Only buy chainsaws. You have one of the best saws ever made, just save and buy a 046/460..and you will have the best two saw plan ever made..!!!

Beaver County, Did I tell you to Never sell a chainsaw!! Only buy chainsaws. You have one of the best saws ever made, just save and buy a 046/460..and you will have the best two saw plan ever made..!!!

See haha i told ya. BTW great advice czar

I picked up my 066 from an ol timer that couldnt get it to run. its in great shape. needed a plug and fresh fuel. I give a benjerman for it he he ha ha

I picked up my 066 from an ol timer that couldnt get it to run. its in great shape. needed a plug and fresh fuel. I give a benjerman for it he he ha ha

I"ll give you a buck 125 for it LOL, since you put a new plug in it and fresh gas.

NICE FIND!!!

Keep it and save cash until you have enough to buy the bigger saw. While not the fastest saw around the 026 was a solid runner and dependable.

Once you get a bigger saw there are many times you need a smaller saw, or simply a backup. I went to a buddys Sunday to cut a box elder and he had no saws, so I took three and ran a couple tanks through each one.

If you sell it you will regret it...

Keep it and save cash until you have enough to buy the bigger saw. While not the fastest saw around the 026 was a solid runner and dependable.

Once you get a bigger saw there are many times you need a smaller saw, or simply a backup. I went to a buddys Sunday to cut a box elder and he had no saws, so I took three and ran a couple tanks through each one.

I agree its a great saw and you will find youself needing a small saw

czar800,
Thats exactly what I want to get, a 046/460. I was thinking that I would need a smaller, lighter saw also for the smaller jobs and for a backup thats why I dont want to get rid of my 026. I guess i will just have to save up awhile and wait to get a 046/460 when I can afford it. thanks for the posts guys!

Keep the 026!

+1 if you don’t have the money for the bigger saw save up but keep the 026.
You never know, you may find a great buy on a slightly used 460 down the road.

Back