Thinking of selling some saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling guns I won't do, because I'm fairly sure that I will always get back into them heavily like I did in my teenage years. In fact, I need to go play with them and stop working so darn much...

As far as saws... well I've replaced one... don't regret it much. Sold an old saw that got me into the 'bigger saws' and got me a brand new one.

I may regret selling my 353, but I want to get some cash to fund a 90cc saw so bad my face hurts...

Selling/trading tools

I look at it like this: If the sale/trade helps enable another useful purchase, and it doesn't leave a giant void in the arsenal (or the heart) then let it go.

I sold my first Harley, which has left a void in my heart, also sold a pair of post-war Willy's Jeeps. That was a sad day too...but the coins went towards college books/tuition and tools for my trade, so it's not like it fed my crack habit. But still... heart voids suck.

OTOH a month ago sold a 371XP. I didn't dislike it, but also hadn't really bonded with it and didn't have a real need for it... To repent, I used the coins towards two new saws (one planned, one quite impulsive :dizzy: ) and some supplies for my side gig that should enable more saws down the trail.

Do what ya gotta do.

Feeding the addiction.

Yes I seem to do that quite a bit..... buy and sell that is. But in my defense I have ended up with a couple of nice saws with very little investment. I am glad I switched from guns to saws though. It just gets harder and harder to buy or sell them. I also used to go shooting every month but there is a new housing development where I used to go. :cry: Ammo is also getting ridiculous. I do crave the new smith&wesson performance center 460 pistol with the 6.5" barrel. shoots the 45lc 454 or the 460 rounds sweeeeeeeet :clap: I might sell a couple to get that one..

My Mauser is 30-06, rebarreled from 7.92 by the Norwegian Army after the war.

6.5x55 is the Swede Mausers (lots of them were made by Husky, if not all), as you indicated (and Norwegian Krags), mine is a German one.....

You're right, a lot of the Swedish Mausers were made by Husqvarna but not all, I've have a '96 Swede made by Carl Gustafs, nice rifle.

I have like 15 rifles that just sit also. I just had to buy the 35 whelen that the rocky mtn elk foudation had out. Never have shot it. LOL My saw collection has grown past my sig. saws to about 16. Three would be all I need. 346, 372, 390 but wait the 353 needs to back up the 346 and the 359 and 365 need to be there for that inbetween. Should keep the other couple 372 around just because they will be gone someday. The 385 just because I like the sound of it. Need that 395 just for milling and the 3120 and so on and so on.:dizzy:

Nice Troll Book!!!!!!! you got a few nibbles :notrolls2: :givebeer:

You're right, a lot of the Swedish Mausers were made by Husqvarna but not all, I've have a '96 Swede made by Carl Gustafs, nice rifle.

You are correct and they were also made by the Germans at the Mauser Obendorf Factory. Interestingly, the Germans were required by contract to use Swedish steel in their manufacture.

True but Husky made the better ones kinda like saw's eh?
But then the Germans came up with the idea.
So let us all buy dolmars that way every body is happy!
By the way Weatherby's were made in Japan for a long time but the best ones were made in Belgium I am so confused:confused:

Last edited:
Getting out an old saw you havent ran for while is kinda like hooking up with your old highschool girlfriend for a night. Its good for just that one night and she is always a little heavier than you remember.

But its nice to be able to get her out once in a while

Well, first I'd start with the ones you bought new...those are the hardest to part with. They're like kids...well sort of? I think Husky are much more profitalble!

Do you guys still have every vechicle you have ever owned sitting in your yard????

Er, hrmph. Yes.

Does that make me a bad person?

Getting out an old saw you havent ran for while is kinda like hooking up with your old highschool girlfriend for a night. Its good for just that one night and she is always a little heavier than you remember.

Brah...hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.....

That was a good one...and a lotta truth to it!!!

Just so your idea of heavy isn't Clinton, Bradley or Mall your OK!:popcorn:

Back