This is a re-post

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
july_109.jpg

Guy called me about this. he lives in one of those McMansions on a golf course. He told me he was broke, had a lot of bills, kids, etc. The tree came from his neighbors and in Pa when tree falls from your neighbors onto your house its your problem. the guy said he had a 1000 dollar deductable for his ins. I told him over the phone 300 bucks gets it off his house period.
When I showed up to do the job the guy told me he was really broke, again. I had allready set a few ropes and though I was more interested in seeing if I could pull it off I still wanted to get paid. So I knocked on the neighbors door. Out comes this Korean woman hollering " Its not my problem! and runs back in. I felt that was kinda un-neighborly myself. Kinda irritated me she wouldn't pay half at least just to be nice. I hate not-nice people.
So I got to work on the pretense the guy would send me a check.

july_110.jpg

july_111.jpg

This rope is to help hold up the tree I was rigging from, a 3/4 3 strand
july_113.jpg

This it the tree I rigged from

july_114.jpg

there was another tree in the middle of the fallen one, it was still standing and preventing the fallen one from swinging so I had to give a notch before I started to pull the fallen one

july_118-1.jpg

This is the Korean ladies' house

June08_060.jpg

So to make it short I have the option to swing the tree into the woods and down a hill... or into the Korean ladies house.
I chose the Korean ladies house, right up agaisnt her A/c units and decks. When I got home she called and asked when I was coming to clean it up, I said I wasn't. Then the guy calls me up and asks the same question. I ask him if the tree was off his house like we had talked about, he said " yes." I said" problem solved". I got my 300 within the next few days.

LMFAO! Did the korean lady offer you some sucky ####y to clean it up then.

wait....so you put it back into her yard? nice move.

cheap pricks, always wanting something for nothing. gotta say tman you gave her that something.

me likey you likey.

wait....so you put it back into her yard? nice move.

cheap pricks, always wanting something for nothing. gotta say tman you gave her that something.

me likey you likey.

Ok, I'll be honest, I thought about what I did and how it affected everyone involved and sometimes I still think about. I guess if I had to do it all over again... I would do it exactly the same way.

The guy was actually happy about it. He was really broke, in a bind, didn't want to call his insurance co. and pay his deductable which was more than what I charged him. I charged a fair price for what I had to do.
There was just a little dent or two in the his gutter and his house was fine, he didn't really care for his neighbor anyway.
He sent me my check along with a thank you note. While I was doing the job and he sadi he couldn't pay right away I did strongarm a little but let it go. I had my regular clients who had work for me to do because of that particular storm that knocked that tree on his house. I was there about an hour and half or so, it wasn't very hard to do. I was happy to help out I suppose.

just repped for putting back on her lawn. excellent move :) I would of done the same, stupid woman.

Well the law deems it an "act of God" and whoever has the problem has the problem. Still for living in such posh houses ( smack up agaisnt each other) and being neighbors I don't see why she couldn't have kicked in a buck fifty in good faith. really it wasn't my problem though but to hell with it. I had to cut one little limb to make it roll and nestle up agaisnst her house real good and to get my rope out of course. She was a #####, he was a penis.

Well the law deems it an "act of God" and whoever has the problem has the problem. Still for living in such posh houses ( smack up agaisnt each other) and being neighbors I don't see why she couldn't have kicked in a buck fifty in good faith. really it wasn't my problem though but to hell with it. I had to cut one little limb to make it roll and nestle up agaisnst her house real good and to get my rope out of course. She was a #####, he was a penis.

sounds good to me. Yea IDK either. Down here we help each other out.

i'm surpriced no one came in here yet telling you that you should treat your customers better and how much of a jerky tree guy you are. i guess tthats only because you are TMD.

I would of done the same thing, people complain that they have no money expecting us to work for chicken scratch well horse scht. We have to eat and pay taxes like everyone else. If they don't like then tell them to get up their and take it down themselves. People have a lot of nerve.

Do you have any far away pics of the whole scene? having a hard time getting my bearings.

Do you have any far away pics of the whole scene? having a hard time getting my bearings.

Sorry, i do have other pics of the job but nothing that would really give perspective. The houses are huge but 20 feet apart.
The guy just wanted it off his house, he said he would get some friends and such to cut it up and throw it down the hill after the fact. He really wasn't to exicited about doing it and now he didn't have to.
The lady wanted no part in it and thought she was getting away scott free. Well things change I suppose, we all have to be careful.
These people really aren't what I would call " my clients". Most tree guys who go in there to work usually are trailling Mexicans by the truckload and willing to eat crow.
I felt I did the guy a good service and in the end so did he but the last thing on his mind is paying for treework.
Not to sound racist but everytime I bid for a Korean I get " NAW, DAT TWO MUCH!" I used to work in a small auto repair shop and across the street there was an apartment complex that a lot of Koreans lived. they came in all the time . They always stood real close and watched trying to get more for nothing and saying " NAW, DAT TWO MUCH!"

Latest posts

Back