This is for all of you thinking of either doing or hiring someone to replace main bearings in your saw..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember there are saw that style works on, the saws with NON or NO stuffers on the crank. And the saws those DON'T work on with stuffers or full circle cranks. FOR example:
Those "C" style reach in from the top and work on saws like: Stihl 066/660, 461's etc. Husqvarna 272,372, 390 etc.

But DON'T work on saws like: Husqvarna 576, 562 or any other with those stuffers blocking access. I'm sticking together a video of clips from splitting cases. Debating if I add the straight "heat" approach as I have seen on Facebook folks trying to cheap out on the tools looking to save $50 -- $75bucks and hammering apart their saws. Amazing to me how many will avoid spending $45 on the right case assembly puller & $75 on the right case splitting tool that yet spend $150 on a bling part that really does nothing. :)

Back