This is just flat unbelievable!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some of you can make a thread about the friggin weather political.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fqQD4dzVkwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
thanks for your input..........................................................................so you say. depends on whay you consider political........you applying for mod????
Whether the particular weather conditions at this time are related to the changing climate or not is unknown, and irrelevant. Climate is not weather, it's long term changes and local weather often obscures what they are. Whether the climate is changing, and how, and what the causes are is not a political issue, it's an issue for science. And the answers to those questions have become quite clear, but because some don't like the answers they attempt to change them via politics - as if wishing and hoping and getting mad and ridiculing and blaming could change reality.

But I do not care one bit what you believe in regards to climate change, as it doesn't make one bit of difference. Once humans discovered how to use fossil fuels, all of the rest was cast in stone. Our population exploded and we changed the planet's atmosphere and climate. There is nothing that humans will do about any of that, and when the fossil fuels run out, the population will return eventually to less than 1 billion, and they will live as they can in whatever climate exists wherever is habitable. That world will be drastically different from this one. Our "beliefs" don't matter.

This weather pattern is yet another weird one, and there will be more, and people will try to adapt as best they can. And blowhards will bluff and bluster and blame and none of that will make a damn difference.

As for moderator, no way I would want to babysit at this nuthouse. But then I was not the one trying to move opinions I didn't like out of the thread.

I'm loving this mild weather...except for a few days it's been mostly a shoulder season and we've been burning junk wood. mostly willow.

Earlier in the season the fire went out so often I got tired if restarting from kindling. So I retrieved from the outdoor pit a spray bottle of diesel. 3 squirts on to a crumpled napkin covered with splits, once ignited I can go back to sleep confident the fire will progress without further tending.

Except for brushing off the car windows we haven't had to move snow at all.:clap:

36 years in a row, global temperature has been above average. And as we continue to add to that, what happens to the new average? Yup, it gets higher as well and yet we still manage to exceed that new average. Not going to get into a debate about causes and all that, but its obvious climate is changing.

As for moderator, no way I would want to babysit at this nuthouse. But then I was not the one trying to move opinions I didn't like out of the thread.[/QUOTE]

awwwwww, sucks to be you.. i said that,,cause i didnt want that thread to turn to politics,,as some arent welcome in that forum..

36 years in a row, global temperature has been above average. And as we continue to add to that, what happens to the new average? Yup, it gets higher as well and yet we still manage to exceed that new average. Not going to get into a debate about causes and all that, but its obvious climate is changing.

read the post,,bout the one,,of cycles of weather...tell me,,spose there was a lot of coal burning years ago????? leftist greenie alarmists abound...you burn wood for heat????? if so,,STOP now!!!! as your a contributer to the weather patterns.......................pfffffft

Last edited:
I've been up at the tree line splitting some white oak that's been cut up for a year and a half. I got hot and had to come down for a drink - it's beautiful out!

I was remembering one year when I was a kid, and my parents planted a garden on president's day. IIRC they didn't lose too much either. Maybe this will be one of those years. I was also remembering ice skating and driving trucks out on lakes frozen 2' thick when I was a teenager.

Still, I'm hoping for a good hard freeze, as I'm worried about all the nasties working their way north. From kudzu to EAB to sudden oak death - don't know if cold will stop any of that, but it can't help it.

read the post,,bout the one,,of cycles of weather...tell me,,spose there was a lot of coal burning years ago????? leftist greenie alarmists abound...you burn wood for heat????? if so,,STOP now!!!! as your a contributer to the weather patterns.......................pfffffft

Where in my post did I say anything about it being human caused? Do you not like facts? Thats all I posted.

Once humans discovered how to use fossil fuels, all of the rest was cast in stone. Our population exploded and we changed the planet's atmosphere and climate. ...and when the fossil fuels run out, the population will return eventually to less than 1 billion, and they will live as they can in whatever climate exists wherever is habitable. That world will be drastically different from this one.

That’s an interesting view of mankind and the world they live on… Of course, I agree with very little of it. It’s difficult for me to believe the human race has enough power to alter the atmosphere and climate of this planet by merely burning fossil fuels. The atmosphere and climate of this planet has been an ever-changing process since the beginning of time, sometimes in rapid drastic ways and at other times slowly over eons. Untold numbers of plants and animals have come and gone with these changes… changes not from any fault of their own, but purely the passage of time. I also have more confidence in humanity than you and simply think it’s a ridiculous notion that our current civilization ends when, and if, the supply of fossil fuels is depleted. I tend to believe there will be a day when the use of fossil fuels will be ancient technology, filed in our history alongside stone tools, spears, oil lamps and saddles. I don’t believe mankind will stop using fossil fuel because of supply, but rather, as our civilization matures new technology will provide us with cheaper, more efficient forms of energy.

I agree that the world of the future will be drastically different from this one… just as today is drastically different yesterday. Time cannot be stopped or reversed… and as time ticks along everything changes, not just on earth, but across the universe. I just don’t see the future with the same gloomy haze as your post suggests.

I guess the difference is whether you see the cup of humanity as half-empty, or half-full.

That’s an interesting view of mankind and the world they live on… Of course, I agree with very little of it. It’s difficult for me to believe the human race has enough power to alter the atmosphere and climate of this planet by merely burning fossil fuels. The atmosphere and climate of this planet has been an ever-changing process since the beginning of time, sometimes in rapid drastic ways and at other times slowly over eons. Untold numbers of plants and animals have come and gone with these changes… changes not from any fault of their own, but purely the passage of time. I also have more confidence in humanity than you and simply think it’s a ridiculous notion that our current civilization ends when, and if, the supply of fossil fuels is depleted. I tend to believe there will be a day when the use of fossil fuels will be ancient technology, filed in our history alongside stone tools, spears, oil lamps and saddles. I don’t believe mankind will stop using fossil fuel because of supply, but rather, as our civilization matures new technology will provide us with cheaper, more efficient forms of energy.

I agree that the world of the future will be drastically different from this one… just as today is drastically different yesterday. Time cannot be stopped or reversed… and as time ticks along everything changes, not just on earth, but across the universe. I just don’t see the future with the same gloomy haze as your post suggests.

I guess the difference is whether you see the cup of humanity as half-empty, or half-full.

he fits well in the political forum,,with the other misfits....enviro wackos...thats why i said about the amount of coal that was burnt worldwide years ago,,,,and about that time,,is when those wonderful NON OIL BURNING cars and other vehicles came about...........

Civilizations rise and fall, as they have for thousands of years. Ours will too, and not just because of fossil fuels, but that's a topic for another time.

Worldwide we have a population of 7billion, which was only possible due to the energy in fossil fuels, and as fuel production rates decline so must that population. 7billion people have had a massive impact on the planet in countless ways, which should be obvious. The biggest impact is the massive extinction event we've caused, which is far more worrying to me than the change in climate. We are by no means the only cause of such events, but we are a large one.

But as I said, I do not care if I convince you or anyone else, because there isn't anything to be done - it is the existence of those 7billion people that is the problem, and no one will be volunteering to fix that. There is no replacement for fossil fuels, so eventually it will take care of itself. And that is the last I'll bother writing about it here.

he fits well in the political forum,,with the other misfits....enviro wackos...thats why i said about the amount of coal that was burnt worldwide years ago,,,,and about that time,,is when those wonderful NON OIL BURNING cars and other vehicles came about...........
I have as much interest in arguing politics with pushy right-wing reactionaries like yourself as I do in getting a root canal, but it's my own fault for posting the comments I did here, as I knew better. I've posted on many forums for many years, some related to specific equipment and skills like this one. Folks with your viewpoints and attitudes are a dime a dozen on every one of them, as they are here, and eventually make it too tiring to bother participating. It's probably only a matter of time here too, and that has been obvious since shortly after I joined - which is a shame because there are a lot of others I enjoy conversing with.

I agree spider that the human race will find a way to power through most anything that will come of the planet. But when you say that "the atmosphere and climate of this planet has been an ever-changing process since the beginning of time, sometimes in rapid drastic ways and at other times slowly over eons." you have to remember that almost all of those "drastic changes" have come with nearly world wide extinction.

Why do people still think Global Warming is a fluke anyway, did all these scientists from around the world hold some secret meeting to play a huge practical joke on the human race??? It's not political to them. We have the capabilities to change the way we treat the planet already why is it such bad thing to try, I think I owe that to my children.

...did all these scientists from around the world hold some secret meeting to play a huge practical joke on the human race???

First of all, not all scientists agree with the (man made) Global Warming theorists (it is just a theory, ya' know?); actually there are more scientists that disagree, they just don't get the publicity.
Secondly, from evidence gathered in the last couple years, it appears that many of these (so-called) scientists did in fact hold secret meetings (of sorts) in which they collectively manipulated, altered and/or hid data that didn't support their theory... not for the purpose of playing a practical joke, more for reasons of ideology and money.

The earth has been going thru climatic change for millions of years. It was just on TV a few hours ago that the year 1000 saw the earth warm up after what was called a little ice age. Land was cultivated that for years before was left alone. It'll go on and on till it ends. And one day it will, but I don't think we'll be here.

Back