This is where it all starts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
9439f91823337f801aba2a30637b7a3e.jpg
033749da89769cb80291b30f50e4bfe1.jpg

I found my son his first saw this morning on kijiji for $10. All it needed was a fuel line filter and a chain.
We got some.fuel line for it. A local auto parts place had a chain for it but was no good the cutters were all messed up.
290b313c847004e80106d03a9419360f.jpg

We got it running with new line. And will pick up a chain and filter tomorrow.

Im sure this will be first of many saws for him. Cutting wood is all he wants to do.[emoji6]

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ya ever see a new chain like like that. Half the chain is backward.

Nice!! Although, the chain needs a bit of attention or maybe that is DIY safety chain.lol I suppose he can run it till it dulls then flip the chain and get back to it. Perfect little learner saw.

Nice!! Although, the chain needs a bit of attention or maybe that is DIY safety chain.lol I suppose he can run it till it dulls then flip the chain and get back to it. Perfect little learner saw.
Thats funny. Could be a good chain for learnin not to hit dirt lol. We already returned it. Ill stop by the stihl dealer tomorrow and pick up a chain. That one was a laser brand. Not sure if they are any good,

9439f91823337f801aba2a30637b7a3e.jpg
033749da89769cb80291b30f50e4bfe1.jpg

I found my son his first saw this morning on kijiji for $10. All it needed was a fuel line filter and a chain.
We got some.fuel line for it. A local auto parts place had a chain for it but was no good the cutters were all messed up.
290b313c847004e80106d03a9419360f.jpg

We got it running with new line. And will pick up a chain and filter tomorrow.

Im sure this will be first of many saws for him. Cutting wood is all he wants to do.[emoji6]

That chain is priceless clear coat it and keep it as a wall hanger. "Bad monday"

How old is he? My 10yr old loves the crapsman 36cc especially when he piss revs it a big smile occurs
He just turned twelve. Started running the saw a little bot last winter. I only let him cut the safe stuff dont need him triping over brush at top of tree.

Does your ten year old cut yet. To me long as they are mature and taught right and only in a safe environment with all ppe.

Yeah if they are good with tools and listen good when needed then start em young. My 15yr old hasn't runs saw yet cause nothing I say matters to him. Gotta have respect for ppl if to show youl respect equipment

Does your ten year old cut yet. To me long as they are mature and taught right and only in a safe environment with all ppe.

Yes rite after he turned 10 I let him run a heavy Lil crapsman 36cc and he did good with it. Now it mm for a bigger grin and tested it today and it runs good with a 14" semi chiz saftey chain

Look what he brought home. Saw number 2. It needs a throttle cable but got it working for now till get one ordered. Wasnt oiling. Think it was plugged with crap blew it out with air and seems to be oiling now. Gonna go try in a bit again to make sure. His first one the poulan i think needs a carb kit. It just want to stall out on idle. Might pressure vac test ot if a kit dont cure it.
bdf9bfcc05fe83d2f901850fc3b022b8.jpg

Latest posts

Back