This IS Winter, right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah january and febuary should be quite different than november and december for us.

Yes, they will be even warmer!

YOU NEVER KNOW with this weather but I'm sure that we will pay somewhat in the next couple of months....but it sure is easy on the heating bills and the nerves not having to drive in bad weather and "dodge" idiots that shouldn't be allowed on the road ANYTIME let alone in bad weather!

The new normal

Yes, they will be even warmer!

YOU NEVER KNOW with this weather but I'm sure that we will pay somewhat in the next couple of months....but it sure is easy on the heating bills and the nerves not having to drive in bad weather and "dodge" idiots that shouldn't be allowed on the road ANYTIME let alone in bad weather!

I really am not interested in the debate between man made and normal climate change, but it sure looks to be a developing pattern around here with late fall/winter thunderstorms and tornadoes. It's like a few years in a row now, a pattern. Just goofy weather extremes, stuff that ain't normal...but looks to be now, the "new normal". We had a doozy last night tore through our county, went just a scosh south of me, and I know the folks who's house got creamed in it, the small tornado. They were huddled in the bathroom, whole house got demolished around them, I mean splintered, and they got sucked out into the front yard..and not hurt! Not a scratch! Guardian angel action...It may or may not be on the TV news tonight, I saw it this morning on the national news. When I found out I offered to help out of course but they already had a ton of people over there salvaging what they could and cutting up stuff.

We were sweating it out here, told my GF just watch, all this ultra warm weather and the cold front crossing right over us, we'll get tornadoes. Sure as heck.

edit: A little write up on the storms from last night. It mentions the guy I know who had the Christmas miracle survive getting whooshed out from his house. I actually razzed him a little today to cheer him up, asked him how his trip to Kansas went! He started laughing pretty good.

Atlanta weather | Weather Service confirms 2 tornadoes  | ajc.com

Last edited:
We are worried around here!! If Lake Erie does not freeze up before the snows start we are going to get HAMMERED!!!!!! Remember what happened to Buffalo last year. We got it too but not as bad. The ground was snow covered this morning and my truck had several inches on it but it won't last according to the weather forecast.

We are worried around here!! If Lake Erie does not freeze up before the snows start we are going to get HAMMERED!!!!!! Remember what happened to Buffalo last year. We got it too but not as bad. The ground was snow covered this morning and my truck had several inches on it but it won't last according to the weather forecast.

Hey Goosedowner, looks like the perfect storm is brewing for you guys. Lakes unfrozen and a pretty big blast of cold air headed your way for the next week. Get the wood in while you can still get to it!

Yep. The Mixed blessing of having a giant hot water bottle moderating local temps can be painfull.
Lake temp is 40-43 right now. We are screwed with that cold snap that is coming.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yep. The Mixed blessing of having a giant hot water bottle moderating local temps can be painfull.
Lake temp is 40-43 right now. We are screwed with that cold snap that is coming.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Yup, and looks like we may get hit pretty good :mad: I will try to send it all your way :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I guess it's time to put the chins and back blade on the tractor !!
I can't ever remember not having to plow snow this late in the year, and I'm LOVING it !!

Latest posts

Back