This`ll make you cringe.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LT did Theisman on monday night

To all you men who watched the whole thing, your have better stomaches than me! I turned it off after the impact, I didn't want to see anymore:(. Maybe ill watch it later but probably not.

That was more painful to watch than the guy getting his leg broke! I think I could have taken that tree down faster with my Leatherman.

NO KIDDING! I would of had that tree down in less then 3 mins with my little echo i used to have. That was about the same size i learned on.....he must need a new BLADE:D

Yep thats what i was thinking cut it till it drops slowly then cut the hinge and it would of fell down not backwards. Common sense, as i am no expert......

Kinda. From my poor vantage point, and from where the lead finally came to rest, it seemed like his rigging point was way behind where he tied off. So when you cut and the piece falls free, is is most likely going to come back at you unless there is a tag line on it. I'm pretty crappy at judging things from vid but this is what it looked like to me.

To all you men who watched the whole thing, your have better stomaches than me! I turned it off after the impact, I didn't want to see anymore:(. Maybe ill watch it later but probably not.

I used to watch the faces of death series, that was nothing.......

That man was extremely lucky! The limb could have kicked the saw back at him, or knocked him off the ladder, or both.

cant tell for sure if it was tied off or just hung up in the top by limbs, either way 2 big mistakes, 1 using a ladder, 2 completely wrong way to cut a limb off like that, no bottom cut , the bottom was the last thing holding WRONG answer

i felt so embarrassed for the guy cutting the 15" tree for 8 minutes, then blamed the way it fell on the little pocket of rot. had the chaps and gloves on and everything, think hes a member here? the way he dropped his saw while it was still running, to jump up and bear hug the tree was just awesome, epic.

I was impressed with how long he held onto the saw. I have dropped saws for a whole lot less.

I was an EMT for 18 years and I still don't like watching people get hurt though this one was mild. I don't mind picking up the pieces afterward. Funny.

Some things happen so quickly you have no time to think or react. This was done in slow motion. And like the other posters have said it started with a ladder and a homeowner. All he needed was a beer, a barking dog, and a toothless wife.

I wonder if he learned that near balance point rigging style here.........and I can't believe he just dropped that damn saw like that....

I was impressed with how long he held onto the saw. I have dropped saws for a whole lot less.

took the words right out of my mouth. I take my hat off to him for holdin' onto it that long.

I wonder if he learned that near balance point rigging style here.........and I can't believe he just dropped that damn saw like that....

Hahaha. That's funny in a twisted way. But you gotta give him credit for dropping it only after he realized he wasn't getting down without that left hand.

Last edited:
Watched till the leg dangled...

and thought... OH SNAP!!! well that's what his leg said anyways.

Only busted minor things and those are not fun. He did hold his saw till he realized he had no choice but to drop it.

Many things wrong with his whole setup, but hey he is now a screwuptube star lol :biggrinbounce2:

Bill

wow lucky he didnt fall out of the tree also, it wouldnt of been no fun getting back down with a broken leg.

Latest posts

Back