This Mornings Entertainment and Suspense

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We have a large high pressure gas line going across the front of our property and it is in the process of being replaced by a new 16" line. They said that they had to remove two of our shortleaf pine trees that had been planted over the line about 30 years ago.

Well today they decided to remove the trees. I thought it would be interesting to see how they handled them. It became obvious early on that the equipment and man running it were somewhat lacking. He began to notch the first tree and 20 minutes later he had a notch cut out of it.:confused: The poor saw was bogging and the bar was smoking like crazy all the way.

Then he walked away from that tree without felling it:dizzy: and went to notch another across my driveway from it. He notched that tree with equal difficulty as the first. He then walked away from that tree without felling it and went to another in my neighbor's yard. I went to the other room to read and then I heard a crack and thought that I didn't hear a chainsaw before the noise which sounded like a falling tree. I looked out of the window and both of my trees had fallen over from a gust of wind. One fell exactly opposite from the direction that it was notched to fall. If the person had been still cutting on the second tree at the time that the trees fell he would have been pinned under the first tree. If the wind had blow from the North both trees would have fallen into the road in front of my house filled with traffic from people going to work. I don't know if he even realized it, but he appeared to dodge a bad or tragic situation.

I'm sure he does a good job of welding high pressure gas line but he needs to leave the tree felling to someone who is more accomplished.

I'm sure he does a good job of welding high pressure gas line but he needs to leave the tree felling to someone who is more accomplished.

I'm not sure I want this guy welding 16" gas mains in my front yard either. He might be better suited flipping burgers at BK. I can't believe you were home reading when you could have been out there with your camcorder, you might have had the chance to catch the next big hit on Utube. Then we could have had another vid to watch here on AS...:D

BTW, nice Warthog.

The only picture that I got was them trying to hide the evidence from their boss by using an excavator to move the first tree back to where it should have fallen.:laugh:

(Thanks got the Warthog pic during a live fire demo. Awe inspiring experience to say the least)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back