This saw has been on e-bay at least 5 years?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Lary

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Probably because the 'More like this" that opens at bottom of screen has two open box new ones at 99.95 and 106 something
And one at 187, so always the optimism I guess.
Not a bad homeowner saw actually. I got one for $20, tightened carb mounting bolts and it ran fine for someone else.

Probably because that's a $50-75 saw to most folks. That's being generous considering the green spray paint customization. Just looked on the local Raleigh CL and there's one just like it, but in great condition plus a case for $75.

Some people just have an unrealistic number they won't sell below. The ones I find amusing are the guys who start pissed off on day one while writing the ad. One guy has had an older Echo saw on CL for awhile. Says something like "don't try to Jew me down because this is a pro saw and I know it's worth it". "Price is firm!" The funny thing is that in one of his pics there's a industrial looking floor mat with a local town's name printed on it. Pic was taken in a municipal building. I'm pretty sure dude got them at a town auction and took pics before hauling off. Probably bid too high and is now pissed off about it.

The problem with an item( saw whatever) that doesn't sell at the price you ask for it So you reduce the price to get a sale & if that price is a fair amount Joe public thinks " That's to cheap " there's a problem, or it's a stolen one so they won't buy at that price for that reason either You are "Twixt a rock & a hard place"

I've sold a lot of stuff on there. Sometime a $5 price drop will turn a month long no sell into a first day buy it now. Other times it makes no difference until the item is significantly discounted.

The saw the op referenced is a joke at that price even without the grafiti job. Can only infer why the seller hasn't come down to reality.

I usually get discouraged when my stuff doesn't sell in a week. Lowering the price doesn't seem to help, it's more a matter of whether they need your item or not if it's chainsaw related.

I've had some things for sale for a year or two. Lately seems someone buys it and then I've got several people calling after interested. Dunno why.

If it's a good saw, best bet is to sell it here on the Swap or Sell (Tradin' Post) or to a friend whose looking for a good saw. A good saw might be one that almost runs or has some trouble, but a guy here might be able to fix it and turn it into a keeper. All you really have to be is honest with the potential buyer.

I'm considering putting a couple saws on the trading post here to reposition some cash. Really craving more orange and less of the other colors.
Does orange = Stihl, or does orange = Husqvarna. I just bought a Husky 353 with an 18" bar and believe me, it is a great mid-size saw. It was hard to find and worth the wait to find it. Now I have to change my signature.

Does orange = Stihl, or does orange = Husqvarna. I just bought a Husky 353 with an 18" bar and believe me, it is a great mid-size saw. It was hard to find and worth the wait to find it. Now I have to change my signature.
The Swedish shade of orange.

Went to local chainsaw races and noticed my stable was lacking a viable 45 and 70 cc competitor.

The Swedish shade of orange.

Went to local chainsaw races and noticed my stable was lacking a viable 45 and 70 cc competitor.

There is a nice 357 that is on CL about halfway between you and me for $349. Last time I talked to him he said bottom is $325. I never get up that direction. Been on there for 6 months or more. Looks like the guy rebuilds and sells em, decent prices, but they don't move too fast. Tad bigger or smaller than you looking for.....

There is a nice 357 that is on CL about halfway between you and me for $349. Last time I talked to him he said bottom is $325. I never get up that direction. Been on there for 6 months or more. Looks like the guy rebuilds and sells em, decent prices, but they don't move too fast. Tad bigger or smaller than you looking for.....
If I didn't have a 562 I'd be searching for a 262 or 357 for sure.

I have a lead on a 272 and wouldn't mind picking up a 346 oe or build a hybrid from 3xx clamshell.

Back