Thoughts on the Echo CS-7310P chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softdown

There is only Ingsoc.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Seems that users like their Echo's. Citing reliability and smooth idling and starting. I am thinking about it. Seems like I usually have issues with getting saws to start at this altitude - 9-10,000'.

I should likely stay away from saws that cannot be easily owner tuned for altitude etc.

Should be able to tune a saw for that but maybe Auto Tune or M-tronic is the way you should go

Carb Work is done for ya and they are very reliable IMO

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

I'm in southwest Montana and have cut near that altitude and haven't had too much trouble. Specifically my echo 620P.

I hear and read positive things about the 7310.

U&A as a great point, the auto tune and M-tronic is definitely nice in that aspect.

Got about 25-30 tanks through my 7310 and I’m very happy with it. Smooth and powerful, it feels about perfect with a 24 in full comp on it in eastern hardwoods.

As far as altitude goes I don’t know if you would have issues. The carb on the 7310 has new tamper resistant limiters so you would be forced to deal with that if you want full adjustability.

The guy on youtube Hotsaws, had problems with the 7310 at high altitudes. He found it was low on power at high altitudes because the saw has a very large space at the top of the compression stroke - what chainsaw builders call "squish". I think those that have had good luck with these are at lower altitudes. Check out the video and see what you think. He has a video where he takes the whole saw apart - very informative! I do not own this saw. This would be my concern with buying one. Good luck!

Seems that users like their Echo's. Citing reliability and smooth idling and starting. I am thinking about it. Seems like I usually have issues with getting saws to start at this altitude - 9-10,000'.

I should likely stay away from saws that cannot be easily owner tuned for altitude etc.
If you learn to tune your carbs you will stop having trouble at altitude.

I regularly cut at 8,000 to 10,000 feet of elevation. My Husky 390XP and 372XP cut well at altitude…just down 25% or so on power. I will adjust high idle needle before cutting and then re-set before heading back to 4,500 feet.
JQ

I regularly cut at 8,000 to 10,000 feet of elevation. My Husky 390XP and 372XP cut well at altitude…just down 25% or so on power. I will adjust high idle needle before cutting and then re-set before heading back to 4,500 feet.
JQ
Been there, done that. Usually cut just below Soapstone (8200 ft elevation) to up around Mirror Lake (10,400 ft elevation) also down around Skyline drive and up above Logan. I've used from a Husky 41 to Stihl 046 and been able to tune them all to run right for those elevations, yes there is a loss in power because of it but it's not going to matter what you take up there elevation is going to effect it, it's just a matter of tuning it or having an autotune saw do it for you. I don't know how well auto tunes do since I have never used one. I've started with one tune early in cold weather and had to tune it during the day as it gets hotter but it's not uncommon for it to be in the 40's early in the morning and pushing mid 90's during the day.
Using a 40cc saw with that much loss in power lets you know just how important a sharp chain is 😄.
I cannot speak for the 7310 but I've run the 590 up at those elevations before I turned the base and it did fine once it was tuned and it had better than a .040 squish on it.

Got about 25-30 tanks through my 7310 and I’m very happy with it. Smooth and powerful, it feels about perfect with a 24 in full comp on it in eastern hardwoods.

As far as altitude goes I don’t know if you would have issues. The carb on the 7310 has new tamper resistant limiters so you would be forced to deal with that if you want full adjustability.
Yea, I don't like those limiters a bit. 10,000' is a different world.

Latest posts

Back