Threebond Sealants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Threebond sealants are great for saw builds, but their caps ALWAYS split on me after a few times of unscrewing and screwing them on, then the sealant dries up in the tube. Out here in Australia a tube is 38 dollars, so I want to save every drop! This time I decided to make my own cap and fine tip nozzle lol. IMG_6730.jpegIMG_6732.jpeg

Hey, Tom!!! Great to see you here! I usually only come on this forum when I'm begging for a manual/IPL or have a specific question I can't figure out. Looks like you are loving your lathe, huh? What a great idea for a lathe project! What a great idea for a new product to sell!

I use Threebond 1184 and don't have any problems with the cap, but I always wipe off the threads before replacing it. That said, I do know a trick for making sure any kind of sealant doesn't dry out inside the tube. Before putting cap on again put a dab of silicone grease inside the tube. It'll keep the sealant moist and when you go to use it again just squeeze out the silicone until you get to sealant again. Way better than jamming a nail in there! ;-)

Hey, Tom!!! Great to see you here! I usually only come on this forum when I'm begging for a manual/IPL or have a specific question I can't figure out. Looks like you are loving your lathe, huh? What a great idea for a lathe project! What a great idea for a new product to sell!

I use Threebond 1184 and don't have any problems with the cap, but I always wipe off the threads before replacing it. That said, I do know a trick for making sure any kind of sealant doesn't dry out inside the tube. Before putting cap on again put a dab of silicone grease inside the tube. It'll keep the sealant moist and when you go to use it again just squeeze out the silicone until you get to sealant again. Way better than jamming a nail in there! ;-)
Hey mate :) the guys in the beg for manuals are amazing, no other forum does it as well as these guys!

Yeah I can’t get enough of it I’m always making something, the other day I made a scottbonar collar nut! If the lathe ever fails I’ll buy another one I like it so much. Yeah that’s a great tip I learnt that from Donyboy about the silicone grease, thanks for sharing though :)

Hey mate :) the guys in the beg for manuals are amazing, no other forum does it as well as these guys!

Yeah I can’t get enough of it I’m always making something, the other day I made a scottbonar collar nut! If the lathe ever fails I’ll buy another one I like it so much. Yeah that’s a great tip I learnt that from Donyboy about the silicone grease, thanks for sharing though :)
What's a "scottbonar collar nut"?

Latest posts

Back