Throw balls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked myself up a throw ball yesterday from Vermeer. I am sitting here comparing the one I bought yesterday (12oz. Sherrill bag) to an old Weaver bag that I bought several years ago. The Weaver bag is made from a canvas type material and feels like it holds up better than the Sherrill bag will. Does anyone have any feed back on this? When I met with Tim from Sherrill's a couple weeks ago one of his Sherrill bags broke after being shot off from the Big Shot.

I've had all sorts of bags rupture on me. It depends on how often they hit a surface hard.

There are pros and cons to all styles of bags, I like the torpedo style a little better cus they will fall off a large branch, usualy. I've had the loose pear bags just sit down on a fat limb man a time.

8 bucks they are a replacable item, as long as they last few months.

Actually I think Tim was saying that Sherrill's offers either a 90 day replacement guarantee, or a 30 day replacement guarantee on throw balls. Sean, feel free to chime in here.

I've bought several throw balls from Sherrill. I pick them up at the Vermeer dealer. Had one break on me after a week (8-10 throws), they said 'too bad, don't hit concrete with it'.
I do think the canvas ones would hold up better, my boss has an old one that is still good. The vinylized cloth ones available now seem to split at the seams easily if dropped on too many driveways.

The loose canvas ones will do it too if they hit hard. Had a few weavers go that way.

I thing the most durable are the New Tribe sand bags, they are loose and deform well.

I still like the torpedo bags best.

Back