Tillotson carb upgrade for Roper saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lectrocrew

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This old Craftsman 4.3 saw (Roper 'type 643M106') came from the factory with Tillotson HS143B which only has mixture adjustment screw for Low side. The boss for high side adjustment is there but it is plugged / not machined for an H screw on these models. I want a replacement carb that has H adjustment. It also will need to have multiple holes for throttle valve to connect throttle linkage and oil pump volume control linkage (as seen in the photo link). Also, some Tillotson HS carbs have fuel supply hole machined into the mounting surface, therefore they have no fuel supply 'Hose' connection. This saw has a fuel 'Hose' so a connection for it is needed. And of course the bolt holes in the mounting flange and location of throttle valve and choke valve will need to be similar to what is seen in the photos. I have a Tillotson HS on my old Stihl 041 that will bolt on fine but the throttle valve and choke valve connectors are different = it won't work.
I found a few Tillotson HS carbs on EBay but none that I'm sure will work for me. I appreciate any help finding what carb will work.
Photos are here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/user/letrocrew/library/craftsman%20saw%20stuff
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Thanks, hotshot for that link. I have a 3.7 roper that needs a new carb. The one that's on it is fixed high side with the accel pump that I haven't been able to find the diaphragm for. Thanks again for that thread. I want to get this old saw running because its in great shape.

Latest posts

Back