Tillotson HK to ? carb swap on Dolmar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I can't find parts I need for the HK-21A Tillotson on my Dolmar 112 (plastic plate where the needle and lever mount) and I have discovered that the throttle shaft is worn and have a rather large air leak there. Not sure if the thing will work right even if I find the plastic plate? I want to swap it for a carb I can get parts for like a ZAMA Walbro or even a more common Tillotson. Problem is I have no way to know which one would be the right size for my 50CC saw and be reasonably close in physical size so I font have to build the entire intake and filtering system over again. I own a lathe and mill and can make up linkage etc but sure would be nice if the mounting bolt center was the same or very close. I can get the HK measured up for comparison. Any help appreciated, Thanks.

I have a Walbro that came on the 110, 111, 115. They were in the 45-50 cc range. I'll get the model #'s off of it, but WT-76 comes to mind. I bought a 111 for parts for my 110 and probably have all the parts you would need, but I am not familiar with the dolmars like I am the huskys. I don't know if the intake.filter setup would interchange or not.

Steve

you should be able to take the plastic body part from almost any HK carb, like an HK41 (on a stihl) or whatever. If you get stuck, I'm sure I can find one in my box of junk carbs. You might even be able to use the body if you swap over the jets and linkages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch(OH)
OK carburetor men, care to help out a novice? I just completely rebuilt a 112 Dolmar that had lean siezed. New crank bearings and seals, cylinder and piston kit, and gasket kit for the Tillotson HK-21A.

Butch the Till HK carbs are very tempermental the plastic module body that houses the metering lever is prone to worping pressure check the carb while dipping in a can of fuel look for body leaks

part #s till carb 112 150 002 module body # 112 150 450 alternate carb Bing 48B102 #114 152 000
Scott

module body in stock $13.00 + S&H
Scott

cuttinscott said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch(OH)
OK carburetor men, care to help out a novice? I just completely rebuilt a 112 Dolmar that had lean siezed. New crank bearings and seals, cylinder and piston kit, and gasket kit for the Tillotson HK-21A.

Butch the Till HK carbs are very tempermental the plastic module body that houses the metering lever is prone to worping pressure check the carb while dipping in a can of fuel look for body leaks

part #s till carb 112 150 002 module body # 112 150 450 alternate carb Bing 48B102 #114 152 000
Scott

module body in stock $13.00 + S&H
Scott

Scott thanks for replying again, search function on here doesn't work for me so I couldnt find that older post and I tried Emailing you with no reply. Ill call you next day or so. Butch

Back