Timber Bear oil line replacement cheat.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nervous Habit

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I picked up a grimy Timber Bear at a garage sale. The oil line in the tank was rotted away, so I watched a video showing a three hour process to replace it. Instead, I used a dental mirror and a flashlight to find the nipple inside the tank. I then snaked a short length of bailing wire into the nipple and slid a new oil line on to the nipple using the wire as a guide. Pull out the wire, put on a filter and you're done. It took less than 20 minutes and the saw now has a 28" bar on it. It's my go to saw for the bigger stuff. I hope this idea helps someone.

Oof, I bought mine used poorly for 200.. love the saw but it had some scoring and only ran it on one or 2 jobs. Ripped w a 24 inch bar on it but man cool saw.

I'm confused...which Timber Bear is this? The 600 Series don't have a nipple in the fuel tank, only a hole that the line passes through. Same for the 32/35/38 cc versions...in fact I can't think of any Timber Bear model with a nipple in the fuel tank...

Are you in fact referring to the oil line? Those were a common problem on the 600 Series saws and quite a process to tear it apart in order to replace the line.

Mark

I'm confused...which Timber Bear is this? The 600 Series don't have a nipple in the fuel tank, only a hole that the line passes through. Same for the 32/35/38 cc versions...in fact I can't think of any Timber Bear model with a nipple in the fuel tank...

Are you in fact referring to the oil line? Those were a common problem on the 600 Series saws and quite a process to tear it apart in order to replace the line.

Mark
You are correct. I replaced the oil line in that way I will endeavor to be more careful with posts. It was a year ago, so once you inspired me to go look, I worked up a bit of a blush.

Latest posts

Back