TimberWolf owners question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for some help with trailering a TW6. I noticed most if not all of the TW-6's I looked at "towed" in and the one I ended up purchasing was no different. I called Timberwolf and they told me the "older" units were NOT approved for high speed trailering or really designed for speeds above 30mph. the newest models have upgraded welding and are more supportive but still not High Speed approved.

Soooo...what are you guys trailering your TW-s on. anybody have a neat setup with a winch set up ?
how do you load/unload the machine ?

thanks

Would it be less of a headache to just take the original axle and wheels off and install one that's rated for hyw speeds?

If I had to tow mine I would go with a torsion axle combined with a couple stabilizers. It really wouldn't be a big deal to swap it out and you wouldn't have to mess with a trailer all the time.

Would it be less of a headache to just take the original axle and wheels off and install one that's rated for hyw speeds?
Only less of a headache if you can weld...I can't weld to save my life

If I had to tow mine I would go with a torsion axle combined with a couple stabilizers. It really wouldn't be a big deal to swap it out and you wouldn't have to mess with a trailer all the time.
had thought about this route but where to find axle, and all the remaining parts AND a welder...
at what costs v a cheap trailer that carries 1700 lbs with a winch ?

What will happen if you don't have '' Hwy'' wheels and axel on at hwy speeds ?
I've towed mine quite a bit at hwy speed and NBD, just make sure berings are greased well.

Sell the splitter and use a maul, they fit nicely in the backseat of the truck, along with the new saws you bought with the splitter money ;)

Only less of a headache if you can weld...I can't weld to save my life

had thought about this route but where to find axle, and all the remaining parts AND a welder...
at what costs v a cheap trailer that carries 1700 lbs with a winch ?
If you can't weld, then take to a shop. Would still be cheaper that route than buying a trailer and winch..

here is a pic i found. The axle is welded underneath the tank:

zyru9yry.jpg

My TW-6 is a brand new one I bought in July. I wouldn't tow that thing any faster than 20-30 mph. The problem I noticed when towing it the one time is that it is horribly unbalanced front to back. In order to get enough tongue weight I had to use a 4" drop hitch. Otherwise it tracks poorly down the road. I use my tractor to load it on my car hauler backwards and unload it the same way. If you didn't know already that thing is really heavy and basically unmovable by hand.

My TW-6 is a brand new one I bought in July. I wouldn't tow that thing any faster than 20-30 mph. The problem I noticed when towing it the one time is that it is horribly unbalanced front to back. In order to get enough tongue weight I had to use a 4" drop hitch. Otherwise it tracks poorly down the road. I use my tractor to load it on my car hauler backwards and unload it the same way. If you didn't know already that thing is really heavy and basically unmovable by hand.

IIRC MXracer put lead or metal plate in the tongue of my splitter to give it better balance. It really does tow extremely well. He towed it from Iowa to KC to meet me and I towed it from KC to OK, about 8 hrs total on the interstate. There is no way I could load it on a trailer without equipment to assist.

Latest posts

Back