Timberwolf TW-P1 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wear my helmet that I use when cutting wood so noise is not an issue. I wouldn't ever want to stand near any machine like this (even those that are allegedly quiet) without hearing protection.

Bowtie mentioned that the handle (straight heavy pipe) pulls right out - so no issue.

And yes, if you intended to leave the log lift in the "up" position to load small pieces you can do this - handle is not required for this so it can be removed.

I wear my helmet that I use when cutting wood so noise is not an issue. I wouldn't ever want to stand near any machine like this (even those that are allegedly quiet) without hearing protection.

Bowtie mentioned that the handle (straight heavy pipe) pulls right out - so no issue.

And yes, if you intended to leave the log lift in the "up" position to load small pieces you can do this - handle is not required for this so it can be removed.

Ive used hearing protection for many yrs now. It actually hurts my ears to operate equipment without hearing protection. Gosh im gettin old:(

i don't think i would call the splitter quiet at full throttle, but it's not as loud as the chainsaw cutting next to it. we usually split with it at 1/2-3/4 throttle, and go to full throttle for the big stuff.
one other thing i have noticed about this machine is it sips gas. we have split for 5-6+ hours on a tank of gas. very happy about that.
i do wish we had the log lift, but i am young and so are my helpers so our backs aren't screaming too much yet.
hearing protection is almost a must, the drone of the motor gets to you after a while.

I love my tw1 but i got sick of the manual lift and just adapted a hydraulic cylinder and valve now it should be really nice! Have not had a chance to use it yet, maybe this week. works fine lifting my Fat A#$:jawdrop:

Timberwolf PW-1 vs Northstar 37t

I'm debating which to buy. I like the feature of the Northstar where the Honda GX engine moves to idle when not pushing....both are around $1900 basic.
The TW-1 has the advantage of pushing the wood away from it'self.....like clearing it's own wood...but I suspect the wood builds up around the NS.
So hard to choose when one can't see either actually working.
I'm in Raleigh, NC....anyone in the area with one I can observe?
Great forum, btw.

Back