Timberwolf vs. Allwood Splitter Better Buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice splitter. Congratulations on the purchase, must have been torture waiting for that to arrive!! Now show us some pics of that thing in action.

Would like to see some more pics. Particularly the front of the ram and where the table grate is connected. I can sorta see the table bolts in the pic you posted. A word of caution, I would either counter sink those bolts and get some flat head bolts or make a piece of steel with some round cut outs to cover them. I had a piece of wood catch on of those and it bent the angle iron that holds the table to the splitter, and then my table was not level, but at least a few inches. I had some pics posted over at SH about the repair I did on it.

I too would love to see some video. Is that the musclewood series you got?

We got the redwood series. It is alot for one person to watch just because splitting such big rounds if a piece falls in the wrong place you could easily break something with the amount of power this thing has.

I do get that with mine too. I tend to have about 1/3 on my side (I'm running the controls) and will let the other 2/3 fall the other way and on to the table/log lift. That way I just have to wrestle around with a 1/3 chunk, which can be a daunting task. Just have to man handle em a bit. I'm sure you will get the hang of it quickly. I'm hoping to get some more video of mine this year.

Back