tina scheer son did

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timber

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
March 17, 1989 -- June 11, 2005
Charles "Charlie" William Shumway, 16, of Hayward, died Saturday, June 11, 2005 of injuries sustained in a car accident on a rain-slicked highway.

Charlie was the beloved son of Bill Shumway and Tina Scheer, both of Hayward. He was the joy of their life and his death is a profound loss to them, as it is to so many people who loved him, including grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and many, many friends.

Charlie was born on March 17, 1989, in Hayward. His birth on St. Patrick's Day set the tone for a life of fun. On his recent sixteenth birthday, he was treated to the sounds of a bagpiper at his front door.

Charlie was a true north woods boy. He was born and raised in Seeley Hills, close the the Birkie Trail where he learned to cross-country ski as a boy. He learned to fish from his father, Bill, who, as a fishing guide in the area, knows all the best fishing spots. He learned to log roll and chop and saw wood from his mother, Tina, who is a well-known timber sport athlete. In the wintertime, Charlie helped his parents make Christmas wreaths from the balsam pine that grew in the forests near his home for their seasonal wreath business.

He spent the past nine summers in Bar Harbor, Maine, where his mother owns and operates the Great Maine Lumberjack Show. He made many friends in Maine during the summers he spent there, working at the show as a lumberjack performer. This past summer he was looking forward to being in Hayward with his father and his many high school friends, and working at two new jobs.

Charlie was very compassionate, inquisitive, and intelligent, and was wise beyond his years. He was comfortable with people of all ages and had as many adult friends as he had young friends. Charlie had a playful and mischievous nature and always offered friendship to kids who were in need of a friend. He had developed a broad perspective of life for a young man and valued the differences in all people. Charlie loved Native American culture and took Ojibwa language classes at Hayward High School. He was given the name Bizhikii, which means "Little Buffalo", in part because of his thick, curly, brown hair, that, as he liked to say, was his "trademark". He was known to sport some very large hair-dos.

At Hayward High School, Charlie enjoyed the time he spent managing the cross-country running team. Recently, he was pursuing his interest and talent in photography, and he loved taking photographs of his many friends at school. He was looking forward to setting up the dark room equipment he received from his recently deceased grandfather. The past few summers he worked with a production company for ESPN's Stihl Timbersports Series where he was encouraged to pursue his interest in visual and audio production and where he was offered a summer internship.

Charlie enjoyed skate boarding, snow boarding, listening to music, and spending hours making personalized CD's for his friends. He was intrigued with the way that things work mechanically and liked building things, especially his tree fort at the lumberjack show site in Maine. He enjoyed the time he spent with the Wesleyan Church Youth Group and the friendships he developed at the church. He loved animals, especially his childhood pets, Buckwheat, Reggie, Butter, and Baby. He enjoyed taking care of the fish in his aquarium and the time he spent catching frogs.

Charlie loved his parents, Tina and Bill, deeply and was devoted to both of them; he loved being a part of the Shumway and Scheer families; and he loved all of his friends, young and old. He was a beautiful boy who was emerging in all ways, to become a very special young man. He will be missed so much, by so many.

Charlie is survived by his parents, Tina Scheer of Hayward, Wisconsin and Trenton, Maine, and Bill Shumway of Hayward, Wisconsin; his grandparents Joanne Dennis Scheer of Hayward, and Fred and Donna Scheer of Hayward; his great-grandmother, Marie Dennis of Wayzata, MN; his many aunts, uncles, cousins and his beloved dog, Baby.

He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, John, Mary, and Helen Shumway; and his aunt Lynn Shumway.

Michael, that is very sad to hear. He certainly sounded like a great young man with a bright future. My condolences to his family and friends.

I was on another forum earlier, and someone posted about the deaths of two employees, both young men, killed by a drunk driver. Truly sad.

Charley

My wife, two kids and I had the privilege of meeting Charlie on two different occasions at the Great Maine Logging Show while we were on vacation. Even though the visits were 5 years apart, Charlie and Tina still remembered the kids. I haven't had the chance to break the news to my kids yet, but I'm sure they will look upon the two cookies they each have with his autograph from the different years in a different light now. Thank you for letting us know about this wonderful young man. I'm suprised it's taken over 8 months for us to find out about it though. If anyone has contact with his mother, please express our condolences from the family that lost an orthodotic retainer in their parking lot.
Onelick

i have has contact with his mother

i have has contact with his mother so if won want to let me know i would be glad to express our condolences to her

It would probably be better to talk to her about the fun she had on survivor.

Tell her we think she is the best.

Fred

Wasn"t Tina Scheer just on Survivor on CBS, I seen her Lumber Jill show a couple years ago, very impressive woman.

Back