Old man’s saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the read. :cheers:

Glad you made out and have a good mentor. :cool:

View attachment 969596
How are you liking that pro model? I haven’t gotten to run the XT I bought very much, but we have cut a couple cords now with the old man’s blue saw and it’s been good so far. I am swapping to a OEM carb for him to hopefully make it a bit easier starting. I don’t have a problem getting it running, but he does.

How are you liking that pro model? I haven’t gotten to run the XT I bought very much, but we have cut a couple cords now with the old man’s blue saw and it’s been good so far. I am swapping to a OEM carb for him to hopefully make it a bit easier starting. I don’t have a problem getting it running, but he does.
I owned oem XT. Wont order a XT FT.
But did of the blue OE 372's. Blue was was lacking compared to my oem OE 372's. But this pro white seems way more on par with oem 372 OE. Happy with it. Would tell folks to get it over blue. I wouldnt even offer blue 372 here local I was so disappointed in the 110psi and 118psi those had.
Havent checked the white psi yet but even with the .040ish squish so much better then the blues monster squish.

g372.jpgg372fww.jpgg372psi1tank.jpgg372pin.jpg

I owned oem XT. Wont order a XT FT.
But did of the blue OE 372's. Blue was was lacking compared to my oem OE 372's. But this pro white seems way more on par with oem 372 OE. Happy with it. Would tell folks to get it over blue. I wouldnt even offer blue 372 here local I was so disappointed in the 110psi and 118psi those had.
Havent checked the white psi yet but even with the .040ish squish so much better then the blues monster squish.

View attachment 969648View attachment 969649View attachment 969650View attachment 969651
And you have not even considered runnin in your crude honed cylinder in to your equations.

I will be using the Farmertec cylinder, the Hyway is dominant in the perception of quality inside and out.
But the farmertec is a copy of the original, its easier to copy than to do something else.
The hyway cylinders does somehing else, the transfers is modified - I like to do the modification my self if I want to.

Without going into too many details, we will just say that I haven’t talked to my biological family in years. I was the oldest of 9 kids growing up in a absolute hell hole. I left at 17 and never went back. After a couple more years I cut off all contact. Lots of drug and alcohol abuse. Welfare bums. Crime. Just all the way around a bad deal.

I struggled a bit as a young man. I wanted to be a good kid, but was having a hard time. Living in the back of my truck in a small down in rural Alaska. I borrowed a chainsaw from my girlfriends (wife now) grandparents and starting trying to make money selling wood. One of my first customers was a fellow named Henry. He bought every load for a few years that I didn’t have other buyers lined out for. Henry is one of the hardest working men I’ve ever known. Farmer, equipment operator, and rugged Alaskan, it didn’t take too long for me to start to really admire the guy, and he wife is just a sweet lady all the way around.
Flash forward. I’m 28 now. Work a great job as. Equipment operator, and am well on the way with my own small business. I made a joke a couple years ago about being Henry’s “self proclaimed favorite son” and it stuck since he doesn’t have any sons, just two step daughters.

Couple weeks ago I got one of those Hulzfforma 372XP clones and threw a 36” bar on it. All my wood is cut and stacked, and I’m not logging this year due to deep snow, so I took the saw over to Henry’s and started working over one of his log decks to break in the new saw. As long as I’ve known Henry I’ve never seen him with a saw over 50 cc. He wife is originally from Sitka so is used to “real” saws as she calls them. Anyway, I handed him that 372 and he got to work and he just lit up like a Christmas tree. That old man was like a 5 year old on Christmas morning with that saw.
View attachment 962923

His only thing was the bar was too long for him, but he went on for a good bit about how awesome that saw was.

Today is his 72nd birthday. We had a get together for him yesterday and I dropped off his birthday present, a blue Holzfforma G372XP with 24” bar. I tell you what, I could have swore I made that man 50 years younger. He couldn’t get dressed and get out to the wood pile fast enough even in the -20 weather.

I didn’t get any pics of him with it since we were having too much fun.

But mainly, I just want to say happy birthday to my dad. They say you can’t pick family, but I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for This man and he has no idea how grateful I truly am for him taking me under his wing and showing me how to be a man.
View attachment 962925
Great story, being related to someone does not make them "family" or cool to hang out with in some way. I dont talk to half of my siblings and my quality of life is much better. I have never heard of that saw brand. I will have to check it out.

Without going into too many details, we will just say that I haven’t talked to my biological family in years. I was the oldest of 9 kids growing up in a absolute hell hole. I left at 17 and never went back. After a couple more years I cut off all contact. Lots of drug and alcohol abuse. Welfare bums. Crime. Just all the way around a bad deal.

I struggled a bit as a young man. I wanted to be a good kid, but was having a hard time. Living in the back of my truck in a small down in rural Alaska. I borrowed a chainsaw from my girlfriends (wife now) grandparents and starting trying to make money selling wood. One of my first customers was a fellow named Henry. He bought every load for a few years that I didn’t have other buyers lined out for. Henry is one of the hardest working men I’ve ever known. Farmer, equipment operator, and rugged Alaskan, it didn’t take too long for me to start to really admire the guy, and he wife is just a sweet lady all the way around.
Flash forward. I’m 28 now. Work a great job as. Equipment operator, and am well on the way with my own small business. I made a joke a couple years ago about being Henry’s “self proclaimed favorite son” and it stuck since he doesn’t have any sons, just two step daughters.

Couple weeks ago I got one of those Hulzfforma 372XP clones and threw a 36” bar on it. All my wood is cut and stacked, and I’m not logging this year due to deep snow, so I took the saw over to Henry’s and started working over one of his log decks to break in the new saw. As long as I’ve known Henry I’ve never seen him with a saw over 50 cc. He wife is originally from Sitka so is used to “real” saws as she calls them. Anyway, I handed him that 372 and he got to work and he just lit up like a Christmas tree. That old man was like a 5 year old on Christmas morning with that saw.
View attachment 962923

His only thing was the bar was too long for him, but he went on for a good bit about how awesome that saw was.

Today is his 72nd birthday. We had a get together for him yesterday and I dropped off his birthday present, a blue Holzfforma G372XP with 24” bar. I tell you what, I could have swore I made that man 50 years younger. He couldn’t get dressed and get out to the wood pile fast enough even in the -20 weather.

But mainly, I just want to say happy birthday to my dad. They say you can’t pick family, but I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for This man and he has no idea how grateful I truly am for him taking me under his wing and showing me how to be a man.
View attachment 962925
Awesome story.

View attachment 962923

View attachment 962925
Great story! 👍 Good on ya! 76 likes/loves so far!!! Just a small testament to how many of us really enjoyed reading your post! 👍

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!

View attachment 962923

View attachment 962925
I just now read this.

You’re a good man all the way around. I’m glad you found your real family.

Back