Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Allright people,so my uncle wants to buy a holzfforma chainsaw because he's had his old Stihl MS 362 for 5 years know and its pretty worn out.But he doesn't have the money for another saw so he is been considering holzfforma chainsaws,were talking the Holzfforma G372Xp which is the Husqvarna 372XP knockoff.So i don't know what to tell him,and he is not sure either,do you think this china saw will be worth to even consider?

Thanks in advance.

You will get mixed feelings on this. Some will say to stay away from the China junk and most of those people have never run one. I have one that I built from a kit years ago. I did it just for the experience. After sorting through a couple issues, the saw runs really good. The rubber lines are not so good. The starter rope was no good. I know their quality has gotten better over the years but how good I don't know. There are a lot of videos on them and written reviews. I'm happy with mine, it runs good and I gained a lot of knowledge putting it together. I'm not advocating that you should buy one I'm just telling you my experience with mine.

Allright people,so my uncle wants to buy a holzfforma chainsaw because he's had his old Stihl MS 362 for 5 years know and its pretty worn out.But he doesn't have the money for another saw so he is been considering holzfforma chainsaws,were talking the Holzfforma G372Xp which is the Husqvarna 372XP knockoff.So i don't know what to tell him,and he is not sure either,do you think this china saw will be worth to even consider?

Thanks in advance.
no they are junk. Don't let the hobby/toy chainsaw enthusiast kids tell you otherwise

I am intrigued and kinda want to order a chinese saw, i read somewhere the the neotec versions are better quality, I have no idea if thats true or not though

I have the g660 “pro” version. Had a minor issue with the clutch springs breaking. They sent me a new clutch I put oem springs on and haven’t had an issue since. Saw runs well and wears a 32” bar. Only complaint is it’s heavy and a bich to start🤷🏼‍♂️ for $400-500 I’d say they are worth it.

Hi a few years ago I built 3 372 kit saws. They all ran good but the cranks went out of 2 of them in the first year.The last one i gave to my son and he hardly ever runs it so maybe it will last a while.I have a huztl 660 ,i had to change the multi switch right off.But i have researched and the 660s seam to last pretty good. the neotech fit and finish is terrible compared to the huztl.But if you do buy one or the other be prepared to change some parts.GOOD LUCK

e heard

I've had real stihls and farmertec clones and they are not 100% the same quality as a real stihl but they good enough that I ended up selling my stihl saws.

Like said above watch some side by side comparisons and make the decision yourself.

If your worried about them lasting order it off of amazon and purchased there 3 year warranty, that's a better warranty then a real stihl.

I agree i run oem 372s myself. But til you have walked a mile in another mans shoes you don't know what another mans finances are or what his capabilities are. I bought the clone 660 as a water damage ie it was cheaper than normal.I bought it to see if I could make it run and gather empirical data on it.He ask for advice on chinese clones that's what i gave him,i think that's still legal in this country.

Got a "NEO-TEC NS8105 36 inch Gas ChainSaw with Guide Bar Chain,2-Cycle Power Head 105cc Power Chain Saw 4.8KW 6.5HP Gasoline Chainsaws,All Parts Compatible with G070 070 090"

After inspection will leave it as an "emergency saw" only, without oil and gas to rot the chinese parts. We have very high winds and alot of 100 + feet Ponderosa pines around the house.

I have a Mcullough Pro 650 and a Husquavarna 272 XP, a small Stihl , Husquavarna 3 in 1, I use to maintain my 3 acres of Ponderosa, Black Walnut trees.

Picked up a 1968 Homelite XL and a 1957 Wall/Reminton "Golden Logmaster" for fun.

I am intrigued and kinda want to order a chinese saw, i read somewhere the the neotec versions are better quality, I have no idea if thats true or not though
It's all about the parts. Details is where the issues are with things like bearings seals, hoses, needle bearings, cir clips, chain tensioner, ect if you know where to look. The rings and most pistons are infact junk. Worm drives, junk, and so forth. Many parts will last if the tolerances and installation were correct.
When you find things like seal springs riding free behind the seal how do you trust that build?

Kits are better imho, saved me time. Adding AM cases to broken ones is easy stuff. Knowing what not to buy is the correct answer and what to literally just scrap it.

How many ashtrays do you need? 🤣

the fit and finish on my neotec is every bit as good as a 2 series husky I would say.

And I agree. Rebuild that ms362. They are a very nice saw. Nicer than a chinese one. Nicer than 4 chinese ones? Idk...

Latest posts

Back