Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And one more that i dont remember
As others have said, as much as I like my G660, I would stick with Stihl/Husky if I were in his boots. If he's willing to spend some time wrenching so he can save some $$, a clone might be worth having around, but at the very least, get the 362 rebuilt. Run and abuse a clone if you want to, but make sure to have a good, reliable saw to back it up with so you can continue to get paid if Murphy shows up.

Yeah I'm in this weird thing where I now worry if I bought a brand name saw for milling... I'd keep using the holzfforma anyway, since if I burn it up... I sigh and buy a $50 or so replacement top end... if I burn up a $1500 saw, I might cry.
That's exactly my thought. I'd never have a clone as a backup. I'd run the crap out of the clone and keep an OEM for a backup. If the clone dies prematurely because its junk, lesson learned. If it dies because a limb, tree, or truck crushed it, money saved. If it lasts almost as long as OEM, money saved. Either way, you have the confidence of knowing the OEM equipment is right there ready to go if there's an issue. If you go the other way, yeah the cone may be sitting there if you need it, but what's the confidence that it will run after sitting for for a few years?

Maintain the OEM saw properly, even if it's going to be sitting. Especially if it's going to be sitting.

Maybe if you manage to not set the clone on fire or drop it off a cliff, you'll be comfy using the OEM saw regularly.

A lot of you are carrying phones in your pockets that cost more + are more delicate. I don't understand the concern.

Allright people,so my uncle wants to buy a holzfforma chainsaw because he's had his old Stihl MS 362 for 5 years know and its pretty worn out.But he doesn't have the money for another saw so he is been considering holzfforma chainsaws,were talking the Holzfforma G372Xp which is the Husqvarna 372XP knockoff.So i don't know what to tell him,and he is not sure either,do you think this china saw will be worth to even consider?

Thanks in advance.
https://www.farmertec.com/Flash-Sale-pl64372167.html
Older thread but they have a good sale going on
I ordered a few
288s orange 176.00 each shipped
272 blue 153.00
372xp blue153.00
372xt blue153.00
395 orange 267.00

It's been over 6 years since i bought a few 372 clones from AliExpress
And a huztl kit 372
They are all still running i cut with them for year's only lost a coil and a few stop switches fuel/pulse line's nothing major.
I gave them out to family members to run
IMG_20240102_150839.jpg
I got one of these in a g288
Very impressed with the saw
I went through it no issues solid saw good av and the correct large wrap diameter comfortable.
Starts/runs great good compression
oils fine
Pull rope was too short so i replaced it.
It was 176.00 shipped on black Friday
then like a week later
They had the orange version for the same price.

It's been over 6 years since i bought a few 372 clones from AliExpress
And a huztl kit 372
They are all still running i cut with them for year's only lost a coil and a few stop switches fuel/pulse line's nothing major.
I gave them out to family members to run
View attachment 1141270
I got one of these in a g288
Very impressed with the saw
I went through it no issues solid saw good av and the correct large wrap diameter comfortable.
Starts/runs great good compression
oils fine
Pull rope was too short so i replaced it.
It was 176.00 shipped on black Friday
then like a week later
They had the orange version for the same price.
Sounds promising.But from my research turns out that some models may have issues while others don't even need a new part for months even years.:wtf:.Yet i don't think il buy one as i had some pretty bad interactions with china saws in 2023.You see,i have a Husqvarna 120 mk2 as my first saw,bought in december 2022 and in the same period my grandpa bought a china saw.My husqvanra was way more abused the his china saw yet mine still doesn't need any parts while on his china saw i replaced the chain brake twice,it will go off just by the vibration the chainsaw was producing which will cause very bad sensations during work.Like think about it.Trying to cut something and the brake randomly goes off every 3 seconds.:dumb2:

I see, you are assuming they are garbage.
Somehow there's lot's of experts on the china saws who've never owned or I doubt even ran them.
The oem saws are filled with china parts now who knows what percentage.
Over the year's I've swapped out dozens of oem china carbs and parts for new oem china carbs and parts from the dealerships.
It's nonsense for anyone to think the oem Stihl or Husqvarna whatever is 100% made by that manufacturer
It's a global market they cut cost and outsource oem parts and manufacturing
There's Stihl and Husqvarna manufacturing entire product lines in china.
The clone saws are fun to mess with build them how i like and inexpensive
Try finding a oem builder 288 or a 372 for under 200.00 here that hasn't been run over by a skidder.

Reminds me a lot of High Point. Super cheap guns, universally reviled by those who have never owned one, but not thought badly of by actual owners.

Not my thing, either way. I carry a Glock, and have OEM Stihl saws, but I see the parallels.

So many guys out there milling with these saws. G888 clone of MS880 Gen2 ported. 76" bar he just got in for Christmas.

You take care of your saws of any brand clone oem they take care of you. Parts cost so cheap too so dont matter if need a crank or whatever down the road.

Clones put people in stuff that cost same as a freaking oem plastic saw that cost them more.

This guy has many and been using them over 5 years now too.

g888chap.jpgg888chapp.jpgg888chappp.jpgg888chappppp.jpgg888chapppp.jpg

Somehow there's lot's of experts on the china saws who've never owned or I doubt even ran them.
The oem saws are filled with china parts now who knows what percentage.
Over the year's I've swapped out dozens of oem china carbs and parts for new oem china carbs and parts from the dealerships.
It's nonsense for anyone to think the oem Stihl or Husqvarna whatever is 100% made by that manufacturer
It's a global market they cut cost and outsource oem parts and manufacturing
There's Stihl and Husqvarna manufacturing entire product lines in china.
The clone saws are fun to mess with build them how i like and inexpensive
Try finding a oem builder 288 or a 372 for under 200.00 here that hasn't been run over by a skidder.

Exactly right. When people bash them I ask which ones they've owned. 99 percent haven't had one.

Reminds me a lot of High Point. Super cheap guns, universally reviled by those who have never owned one, but not thought badly of by actual owners.

Not my thing, either way. I carry a Glock, and have OEM Stihl saws, but I see the parallels.

My brother bought one when they first came around. $89 brand new. He brought it over to shoot. Ugliest thing I ever seen and felt like holding a 2×4. I was shooting my Beretta 92. We shot several brands of ammo, mostly cheap stuff. That Hi point never missed a beat and was just as accurate as my Beretta.

Back