Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By
From the Hi Point website--never heard of them so I had to check.

Find your caribne.
The 3095 - 3895 - 995 - 4095 - 1095 - 4595 or the Classic 995!

Gotta love it--such attention to detail. (Not dissing them, just found it funny.)
maybe their just cold where their at and dreaming about shooting a carbine in the Caribbean

I started with my Glock, have tried several others and can afford to carry most anything I want, but haven't found anything I like better. I should replace the recoil spring, it's got a lot of rounds on it. Carry what you like, to hell with everyone else.
Springs do get weak with age. You might want to. I don't discharge my handguns much nor my hunting rifles, I get them 'tuned' in and don't fiddle with them much even though I own a private range. I have more 'friend' use my range that me, buy a long shot. They get cleaned after use with Bore Tech Eliminator and a quick inside wipe with No, 9 and get stored away in rifle cases and pistol cases with a bag of dessicant inside. I'm 100% sold on BTE but you have to use nylon bore brushes no matter what and the cleaning rods need to be CF as well. I use Dewey rods, nylon jags and patch pullers only and a bore guide as you don't ever want to get BTE in the action and all my long guns are custom builds with Jewel triggers. I like a very light pull on a trigger. I'm a 2-3 pound pull person.

Guys are kinda' straight laced around here. Try the other forum and you're likely to get all kinds of responses about your pecker.
I don't want any comments except from my wife of 38 years and she really don't care anyway. So, what is the other forum? I don't frequent many forums to begin with. In fact, just 3.

Man, they're way ahead of us. They're not bothering with chainsaws anymore. :p

Used in the forest to cut, never happen here. California can't keep their wildfires down as it is. Lasers use focused high energy proton beams that create heat hotter than the sun. If the light beam scatters after the cut it will still burn whats behind it. U.S. has a program called HELSTAF It's called hell for a reason.

Springs do get weak with age. You might want to. I don't discharge my handguns much nor my hunting rifles, I get them 'tuned' in and don't fiddle with them much even though I own a private range. I have more 'friend' use my range that me, buy a long shot. They get cleaned after use with Bore Tech Eliminator and a quick inside wipe with No, 9 and get stored away in rifle cases and pistol cases with a bag of dessicant inside. I'm 100% sold on BTE but you have to use nylon bore brushes no matter what and the cleaning rods need to be CF as well. I use Dewey rods, nylon jags and patch pullers only and a bore guide as you don't ever want to get BTE in the action and all my long guns are custom builds with Jewel triggers. I like a very light pull on a trigger. I'm a 2-3 pound pull person.

We're on opposite ends of the spectrum there. When it comes to guns, you're more Lamborghini, I'm more pickup truck.

got a hi -point 45 carbine love it,neat extras available too. But it does need the sear spring replaced to get a better trigger feel.

I've played around with the Holzfforma and Farmertec stuff.
Built a Stihl 440 clone out of a parts kit in 2019. It's been good other than the carb that came on it was so bad it wouldn't even run, and the recoil failed after the first summer of cutting. Once I got those kinks worked out, it's been a pretty good saw. I'm not a pro cutter, but cutting firewood for myself and my dad, I probably cut 10 cords a year.
I just ordered a Holzfforma G372xp, they have them on a Christmas/new years sale for $89, and shipping to US is around $60. I don't really need it, but I've wanted one for years, and I couldn't resist getting one when I saw the sale price.
I know they aren't the same quality as a real Stihl or Husky, but they are a decent saw and for someone like me that isn't using it commercially, they hold up well. For $160, it's way better than a Plastic Poulan .
I will say as well, Holzfforma/Farmertec has been constantly improving their quality over the past 5 years. They improved several components like oilers, carburetors, tanks and recoils.

I would rather stand in my bathroom with my stihls throttle wide open and a full tank of fuel than buy that chineese crap
What comes to chainsaw quality you can win or lose with these. If some serious stuff needs to be cut I for sure take chinese +50cc saw instead of ms180

Used in the forest to cut, never happen here. California can't keep their wildfires down as it is. Lasers use focused high energy proton beams that create heat hotter than the sun. If the light beam scatters after the cut it will still burn whats behind it. U.S. has a program called HELSTAF It's called hell for a reason.
"focused high energy proton beam"

Attachments

• FLZU_ZSXIAQBI0T.jpg
    FLZU_ZSXIAQBI0T.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
I've played around with the Holzfforma and Farmertec stuff.
Built a Stihl 440 clone out of a parts kit in 2019. It's been good other than the carb that came on it was so bad it wouldn't even run, and the recoil failed after the first summer of cutting. Once I got those kinks worked out, it's been a pretty good saw. I'm not a pro cutter, but cutting firewood for myself and my dad, I probably cut 10 cords a year.
I just ordered a Holzfforma G372xp, they have them on a Christmas/new years sale for $89, and shipping to US is around $60. I don't really need it, but I've wanted one for years, and I couldn't resist getting one when I saw the sale price.
I know they aren't the same quality as a real Stihl or Husky, but they are a decent saw and for someone like me that isn't using it commercially, they hold up well. For $160, it's way better than a Plastic Poulan .
I will say as well, Holzfforma/Farmertec has been constantly improving their quality over the past 5 years. They improved several components like oilers, carburetors, tanks and recoils.
I'm no stihl guy but i did run one of those 444? If that is what it's called it was easily as strong as a 044 i rebuilt for the same guy.
I'm curious on the 372s they sale now I've got a xp and xt ordered to tinker with.
Actually a much cheaper hobby than shooting competitions i used to do.

Back when we were broke - I bought my wife her first semi automatic handgun - the Hi Point 9mm. Got home with it - ran down to our shooting range and she hit the gong at 20 paces 8 out of 8 (it came with an 8 round clip back then). Some years later - when we weren't so broke - we were looking to upgrade her Hi-Point to something lighter for carry. The guy at the gun shop asked what she had now and we told him a Hi-Point - he said to tape a dollar bill to the grip and throw it in the next river crossing we found. I asked him why the dollar and he said that at least you could say you threw something away. Now - that we are flush with cash - she has a Sig, a Ruger and a Glock and can shoot all of them - as good, if not better than I can, at shorter ranges. I figure good enough - but the Hi-Point is close by.

Back when we were broke - I bought my wife her first semi automatic handgun - the Hi Point 9mm. Got home with it - ran down to our shooting range and she hit the gong at 20 paces 8 out of 8 (it came with an 8 round clip back then). Some years later - when we weren't so broke - we were looking to upgrade her Hi-Point to something lighter for carry. The guy at the gun shop asked what she had now and we told him a Hi-Point - he said to tape a dollar bill to the grip and throw it in the next river crossing we found. I asked him why the dollar and he said that at least you could say you threw something away. Now - that we are flush with cash - she has a Sig, a Ruger and a Glock and can shoot all of them - as good, if not better than I can, at shorter ranges. I figure good enough - but the Hi-Point is close by.

An acquaintance I had got my attention with Hi-Point. He had plenty of nice hardware, but his truck gun was a Hi-Point, because he didn't care if it got stolen. The equivalent of a Chainsaw brand chainsaw for a truck saw.

Regarding reliability, he said he never had a problem, but what made the point was when he said "Put it to your own head and pull the trigger."

Latest posts

Back