Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a "NEO-TEC NS8105 36 inch Gas ChainSaw with Guide Bar Chain,2-Cycle Power Head 105cc Power Chain Saw 4.8KW 6.5HP Gasoline Chainsaws,All Parts Compatible with G070 070 090"

After inspection will leave it as an "emergency saw" only, without oil and gas to rot the chinese parts. We have very high winds and alot of 100 + feet Ponderosa pines around the house.

Good lord, don't trust Chinese junk to help you in an emergency, especially when untested!

I`m probably going to hurt some feelings here, but..........

For what it would cost to fix the Sthil, i think i would rather spend that money fixing the Sthil rather than sink money into a chineezium saw that will never last as long as a Sthil, and likely give you many chineezium problems along the way. But that`s just my own opinion in what i would do in this case, if it were me.

I have the holzfforma 372 and like it. Haven't got a lot of hours on it, but has been reliable so far and cuts great. My friend that cuts and sells firewood with Stihls was impressed when he ran it.
I agree most of the posters who claim they are junk have never run one - that was recently admitted by one of the guys "liking" all the negative posts in this thread.
Watch all the reviews by allfleetcommand and make up your own mind.
His reviews seem to be honest in depth evaluations and that is what I did before deciding to buy mine.
Do you want to base your purchase decision on someone doing extensive hands on reviews or recommendations by someone with zero first experience making up childish names?
Your call.

I have a Holzforma 372 that was given to me. I've run it a fair bit and along the way had to replace the throttle cable, fuel line, and impulse line. If you are able to work on your own saw and don't mind spending the additional hours needed to replace parts (things are not always built exactly to OEM specifications) they will work. I do not run a saw all day long for my livelihood so I can accept that it needs work some times.

Mark

Allright people,so my uncle wants to buy a holzfforma chainsaw because he's had his old Stihl MS 362 for 5 years know and its pretty worn out.But he doesn't have the money for another saw so he is been considering holzfforma chainsaws,were talking the Holzfforma G372Xp which is the Husqvarna 372XP knockoff.So i don't know what to tell him,and he is not sure either,do you think this china saw will be worth to even consider?

Thanks in advance.
I have to ask, what does your uncle do to wear out a new MS362 in 5 years, but can't seem to justify spending the money for a replacement? Maybe a better question is what is your uncles definition of "worn out"? A saw can definitely be worn out in that amount of time, but it has paid for itself ten fold and then some. If he legit work the saw out, get the 362 rebuilt and add a G366 to his fleet. That way he can give us a good comparison between the two saws :D

I have to ask, what does your uncle do to wear out a new MS362 in 5 years, but can't seem to justify spending the money for a replacement? Maybe a better question is what is your uncles definition of "worn out"? A saw can definitely be worn out in that amount of time, but it has paid for itself ten fold and then some. If he legit work the saw out, get the 362 rebuilt and add a G366 to his fleet. That way he can give us a good comparison between the two saws :D
He is a logger.Working every day in the woods,not very big trees here but still,large enough.Hes had 5 chainsaw in 20 years,he still has his first saw,a Husqvarna 357 that is 12 years old,then he had a Ruris,a Stihl MS 271,and the curent 362.

He is a logger.Working every day in the woods,not very big trees here but still,large enough.Hes had 5 chainsaw in 20 years,he still has his first saw,a Husqvarna 357 that is 12 years old,then he had a Ruris,a Stihl MS 271,and the curent 362.
And one more that i dont remember

Well, the plot thickens. A pro logger can't afford to replace the saw he makes a living with after 5 years of daily use? Something wrong with that picture.
I think the Holzfforma saws are a good option for an occasional use saw, but I would certainly think a professional logger would not want to depend on one every day to make a living.
I would get a Husky or Stihl for that.
If his Husky 357 has lasted 12 years and he doesn't want to fix his "worn out" Stihl why not get a Husky 372 or 572?

I've used a g070 for a bit shy of 10 hrs on a mill.

Picked it because reviews said it was one of the better models among the knockoffs, for what that's worth... very old design; supposed to be using the same molds as stihl used or something. Who knows what's true or how it stacks up to the newer knockoffs, but that's what I read about it before buying it.

Lever arm to actuate decomp valve was bent on arrival so decomp didn't work till I bent it back.
Clutch springs were too weak so drive would engage just over 1k RPM.... IE chain would spin at idle. Replaced clutch and that's fixed.
The casting on the body/exterior parts is pretty bad. 2-3 flywheel guard fins broke off the first time I used it.

Otherwise... with again... only about 10 hrs on the saw... I don't have any complaints. Takes a few pulls to get her to fire if she's sat more than a week or so; but seems like that's true for most saws.

At the rate your uncle goes through saws... maybe just try a knockoff and see if it lasts him 1-2 years (making it similar in cost to the name brand that lasts 5 years)... or longer; or if it demonstrates problems he doesn't have with the name brand saws. Worst case he wastes a couple hundred bucks and doesn't have to wonder anymore?

Hell he may be the ideal candidate to exploit the Amazon 3 yr extended warranty idea that someone posted in the last one of these threads I saw. (Buy chinese saw on Zon... get 3 yr extended warranty for it for like $50... if saw fails... use warranty).

Maybe he runs one of those feller machines, and only needs his saw occasionally.

If my paycheck depended on my saw, I'd have a backup saw on the truck, even when my main saw was a Stihl or a Husky. Might try a chinesium toy for an experiment, but I'd keep both my main saws handy. Even name brand saws are cheap compared to a paycheck.

Ya being a pro logger and using it everyday all day long to make a living changes things and he may be better served with one that is know to be reliable 95% of the time like stihl, husky, etc.

The other option if he wants to run china saws is to buy 3 of them and he'll be at the same price as a stihl then so no money saved but if he gets them off amazon and purchases there 3 year warranty he could send one in if it breaks down and still have 2 saws for work.

Allright people,so my uncle wants to buy a holzfforma chainsaw because he's had his old Stihl MS 362 for 5 years know and its pretty worn out.But he doesn't have the money for another saw so he is been considering holzfforma chainsaws,were talking the Holzfforma G372Xp which is the Husqvarna 372XP knockoff.So i don't know what to tell him,and he is not sure either,do you think this china saw will be worth to even consider?

Thanks in advance.
If money is tight, he wants something new, and it has to be high quality with some pep- I'd probably look at an Echo CS-620P for $630: https://www.echo-usa.com/chainsaws/cs-620p

Tried and true basic tech without lots of electronics running the show. Five year consumer warranty.

As for the 70cc saw class...You've crossed the line into professional size saws which carry big price tags.
If money is tight then there will be no quality saws of that size (new or used) that can compete with a $299 price tag.

Make no mistake though- being a replica doesn't mean anything is built to the same level of quality as the original (and it isn't). Also, the vibration is not usually great on these big clone saws and they require tinkering. Still, if you need 70+cc there is no cheaper route.

Some folks just shouldnt even own saws oem or afm IMHO.

If you cant work and troubleshoot a saw and no how to tune. Saws aint for you.

I see it from oem to afm saws all the time. Guy just dropped 2 oem off said ran like they did since new for 3 years now. Horrible I tell ya. I would have smashed them. I sent them back 100% ready to go. Took throttle and would idle and actually make a freaking cut now without dying.

Folks that know saws and want more saw for their dollar know = Chappy - My farmertecs got the job done yesterday on this massive pecan im going to slab ..my son and i used the kit 395 with the 72" bar and helper handle to make the face cut and start back cut n i finished off cutting hinge w my almost 7yr old blue tank 660 n 56" bar as he and a buddy pulled it over ....who else still has a blue tank 660?? I use a saw everyday and 90% of the time its a farmertec from the boys at www.bluesaws.com

chappy.jpg

I built a china junk 088 for a buddy to mill with. The chain tensioner and oil pump were cheesy, but all else looked good. To my horror, after 5 full days of milling black walnut slabs it's still running strong and just getting better, but it's STIHL A WANNABE.

Attachments

• PXL_20231008_191703421.mp4
    32.3 MB
  • PXL_20231022_175454136.mp4
    26.6 MB

Latest posts

Back