Holzfforma chainsaws any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An acquaintance I had got my attention with Hi-Point. He had plenty of nice hardware, but his truck gun was a Hi-Point, because he didn't care if it got stolen. The equivalent of a Chainsaw brand chainsaw for a truck saw.

Regarding reliability, he said he never had a problem, but what made the point was when he said "Put it to your own head and pull the trigger."
Tackle box and boats too. Not worried about it if fell in.

Brother has a nicer range spot then me. But if I lived on my south place down there we would have one on other end of the hills too.

brorangeee.jpg

Just think he could grab his China made stihl to do it with too. :laughing:

Yes homeowner ones. But their pro stuff has parts from there in them too. :cheers:

Since 2005 stihl china plant https://en.stihl-qd.cn/stihl-qingdao.aspx

Posting from China made products too. :laughing:

View attachment 1142183View attachment 1142184
I hate defending this Shlt but damn it here It goes, fekk!!
Its made by stihl to stihl quality using stihl's control measures and materials by people trained by stihl, now replace the stihl with husqvarna because its the same story. Too bad chevrolet, ford and a slew of other companies allowed their product qulity to slip after moving productions to china. I know stihl zama carb production was moved over to main land china some time in the early 90's and before that it was hong kong in the 80's....the irish verson is my preferred carb even with the plastic needle seat plate.

Something I got for Christmas. Another log lift. Farmertec China copied item. Timberjack

Could have used 2 last year. After back to back tornadoes about a week apart.

Brown one I been using for years. I've lifted so much with it before I hurt myself but the handle didn't bend like friends stihl one did on first day using. :rolleyes:

This new one say alloy? It's half the dang weight.

Attachments

• treejackk.jpg
    treejackk.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1
  • treejack.jpg
    treejack.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1
  • treejackkk.jpg
    treejackkk.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1
One thing I dont understand. We been begging them to copy the 346 353 351 husky saw. Since they already copied stihl 260.

So boom out comes the husky 50cc. Dag nab plastic copy of the husky 450. I didnt like the OEM ones thought they were a backwards move to the 350.

Name dont make sense to me calling it a G382 either. They have the G388 in stihl. Should been G450 or something.

I'll grab pics if anyone interested.

This is getting my attention. I was against a Chinese model but then went car shopping. Our Buick Encore was made in South Korea. It’s larger sibling in the Buick line-up, the Envsion, is straight from China. We were going to use our GM discount (my wife’s brother’s both worked for GM), but I just couldn’t bring myself to help out China that much. Now that it’s $600 or less for a saw, not $40,000 for a car, I think I can do it. There’s a 105 cc model with no bar or chain for $362, but it gets only 3 stars from 16 people, a 92 cc FARMMAC for $539 with 5 stars from only two people, a 92 cc NEO-TEC for $559 with 4 stars from 174 people. I will only be randomly using this to slab large deadfall in my woods or elsewhere. But if these fail in some way, where do you get them fixed?

I hate defending this Shlt but damn it here It goes, fekk!!
Its made by stihl to stihl quality using stihl's control measures and materials by people trained by stihl, now replace the stihl with husqvarna because its the same story. Too bad chevrolet, ford and a slew of other companies allowed their product qulity to slip after moving productions to china. I know stihl zama carb production was moved over to main land china some time in the early 90's and before that it was hong kong in the 80's....the irish verson is my preferred carb even with the plastic needle seat plate.
Not exactly. That's not how contract manufacturing works. It's made to Stihl's print which contains Stihl's required tolerance (or husky, or Ford, or Chevy, or Toyota, or Milwaukee, or Dewalt, or...) That's the end of Stihl's involvement in the process. The print will dictate a material requirement. Where that material comes from is up to the supplier. The quality control process is up to the supplier. So long as Stihl is satisfied with the parts they are receiving, they don't get involved any further. If Stihl has issues with the incoming parts, the contract with the supplier will dictate how the issue is resolved. Generally speaking, the supplier has to "fix" the root cause of the problem and provide documented evidence that its fixed. The up side to this is that it makes Stihl's product less expensive. The down side is that the product is also cheaper. Even though the product has to meet the print requirements, it ONLY has to meet the print requirements, or more practically MOST of the parts need to be close enough to meeting the requirements that Stihl doesn't notice anything wrong with the part before the final product leaves the store. It doesn't matter who the OEM is, this is how the "global" supply chain works.

This is getting my attention. I was against a Chinese model but then went car shopping. Our Buick Encore was made in South Korea. It’s larger sibling in the Buick line-up, the Envsion, is straight from China. We were going to use our GM discount (my wife’s brother’s both worked for GM), but I just couldn’t bring myself to help out China that much. Now that it’s $600 or less for a saw, not $40,000 for a car, I think I can do it. There’s a 105 cc model with no bar or chain for $362, but it gets only 3 stars from 16 people, a 92 cc FARMMAC for $539 with 5 stars from only two people, a 92 cc NEO-TEC for $559 with 4 stars from 174 people. I will only be randomly using this to slab large deadfall in my woods or elsewhere. But if these fail in some way, where do you get them fixed?
If you buy a clone saw, and something goes wrong with it, it goes to YOUR garage to get fixed. Order your parts from the OEM (Stihl or Husky), and install it yourself. If you're not comfortable wrenching on your own saw, don't buy a clone. Otherwise, there's a VERY good chance you will regret it. If you're willing to spend $50 to $100 on replacement parts, and spend 30 min installing them, then you can get a 92cc clone of the G660 for somewhere between $300 and $500 depending on what carb, piston, rings, and keepers you want the saw to have.

I wouldnt do the old school copy of stihl 070 saw IMO. Rattle your teeth and heavy.

If want that size pay more for 122cc G888. 5-6 range

Or G660 or G395 in 92cc range. JMO. 3 and pro 4ish range.

Show you some weights. PHO dry before adding oil mix and bar and chain. Weigh a ton then. 070 880 395 660

g070weight.jpgg888weight.jpgg395weightdry.jpgg660weightgrybox.jpg

In the long run the only way out of that is making love, effectively. If there would be one billion people in Europe and 2 billion in Americas chainsaws would be made there. If you think this through long enough this is obvious. Though everything else what comes with overly populating areas comes with too.

If you are not in a hurry wait for one around most holidays farmertec has sales on them
I bought g288 and g395 to mill with
I couldn't imagine running those stihl 070 clones again i ran a 090 in the 80s
Never again.
A lot of guy's run the 660 clones for milling the 660s have been out much longer than the other big saws
I've never tried those
Tons of videos on YouTube of them.

My issue is. OEM having the parts made in China so they save money making it, but not passing it onto us that buy the parts. We still paying OEM prices. They making more profit to put in the big wigs pockets.

All of the OEM are doing it. So dont be fooled.

View attachment 1142726View attachment 1142727
Making more money AND laying people off/shuttering doors AND having quality control issues AND yet still can't catch up on parts production (AND in the case of Husqy, have a whole messed up warehouse system since their implementation failed)

What's the incentive of buying OEM anymore?

Latest posts

Back