TIPS and tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not important to have flat cuts just make sure the front notch is pointing in the right direction, when bored you can play around with angles and swinging trees with cunning cuts but in the end they all fall one way, my favorites are 10 tree + drives, all set up then let em' go, the easiest way by far to drop along a fenceline or road, if they're too close to the fence then bad luck, no shagging round with hammers and wedges if you do it right, of course the safety nazis are wringin' their pasty hands, but hey , if people insist on living in flash expensive houses next to big trees thems the risks he-he, my other favorites are 10 tree+ pile ups, they go off like dynamite, just stay clear and you're sweet, somethins' gotta go in the end, so don't worry about the crooked cuts too much

PNW Tip...Finally

If you have to pack your saw in a ways, and want to switch shoulders, and don't want to have two pads on your suspenders, take a sleeping pad, cut it to length and duck tape it so it fits over part of the bar. I use a blue pad with purple duck tape. The pad can also be used to sit or kneel on (take it off the bar) on those days when the ground is chilly or wet. A longer bar also balances the saw better on your shoulder. I packed a 032 with a 28" bar around this way while volunteering to cut open hiking trails. Have since upgraded the 032 now that I'm back in God's country--the PNW. :biggrinbounce2:

Not bad :popcorn: +1 Rep for this man.

But here in the Land of Pleasant Living TLOPL :cheers: , we don't have no BLUE sleeping pads( they're white for snow), or sissy PURPLE :confused: duct (duck) tape.

Tip from TLOPL :
Compact first aid kit: Kotex (large) pad plus rolled up duct tape ( black or grey). The Kotex is the same as sucking chest wound pads we carried long ago. Don't ask.:censored:

I'm not sure if they have changed this or not, but on my chaps the pocket is sewn down on the ends. Sucks trying to get in there with one hand. I cut the stitches and put on some iron on velcro. Stays closed when its down and is a whole lot easier to get into.

Sam

Not bad :popcorn: +1 Rep for this man.

But here in the Land of Pleasant Living TLOPL :cheers: , we don't have no BLUE sleeping pads( they're white for snow), or sissy PURPLE :confused: duct (duck) tape.:

I can use purple cuz I'm not a guy!!! I'd like pink but I don't think they make it.
Just discovered cooking hint:
When saute'ing garlic and jalepenos, have good ventilation.

Before I go out to cut I take the covers off the saws and blow off the cooling fins, air filters, starter side off with my air gun. then take chain off and blow out rails of bar plus around the clutch. ....

Better yet, do that (+ sharpening chains etc) after the day of cutting, and be ready for the next day.......:greenchainsaw:

Better yet, do that (+ sharpening chains etc) after the day of cutting, and be ready for the next day.......:greenchainsaw:

usually too darn tired by end of day. I just want to go sit in my jacuzzi at the end of the day. I do all the stuff in morning to give my wife a half hour more sleep:)
She gets annoyed when I start sawing at 6:30-7am, neighbors also.

Latest posts

Back