TIPS and tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'M STILL NOT BUYIN' A HUSQVARNA!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...seriously though... I hate you guys.

Gary

That's what I said until last month. :newbie:

Then, as if by divine intervention, mine eyes :Eye: were opened. :angel:

Now, the trees are saying, "It's not a fair fight". :buttkick:

Come on in, the water's fine. :biggrinbounce2:

Ok, my Grammer is not the best. Try typing on a beta internet browser version 1 on a Nintendo and you might understand. I once repaired a piston with quick steel and used a cigarette pack for the head gasket on an old elan snowmobile and I drove it 20 miles like that. I have witnessed an egg cracked into a jeep rad that actually plugged up a hole in the radiator and saved the day. How to make a homemade saw carrier cut 3 notches into a spit log and lay your saws in that sticking out opposite each other they won't bounce around in the back of your truck anymore and you can burn it later!

Premix in soda bottles, hold saw with one hand pour with other.

FYI, We did some testing on fuel in soda bottles. They are made of PET plastic, and after letting some fuel stand in a bottle for a couple of days, I had the lab test it, and they did find that some of the plastic had dissolved into the fuel, even though it did not discolor or change the appearance of the bottle. This stuff will form a sludge that will clog a fuel filter and cause lean running.
What will work is a fuel storage bottle for camping fuel, made by MSR, that even has a loop on top that you could hook it to a clip on your belt or such.

Fuel Line Alternative

I just learned that RC Hobby fuel lines is an inexpensive way to replace your stock unit on a saw. Sometimes you have to get a little creative when your "beer money" is on the line....... :D

Never listen to the PNW guys.:clap:

Yeah, its not like there are any large number of trees out here for the loggers to put their Stihls to use on.

Might as well get a husky so I have somethin' that needs constant tinkering on....

NOT!!

I'm with you Gary!
If someone gave me a Husky, I put that sucker on Craigs list!

:jawdrop:

But seriously, I'm not kidding.

Just my opinion,... and 90% of the loggers here in the PNW.

p.s. Trying to find the most recent stats for board feet per year,
so far have found an article stating that Oregon was tops at over 5 Billion bft per year in 1995.
I'm sure a few Stihl saws had a part in that.

Last edited:
Use a detergent bottle,cleaned out of course,for bar oil.It has a dandy spout for pouring and is handy ,plus they are orange already so they dont get left behind.;)

Hmmm...I kinda like thaty idea...Especially since everyone has gone to these damm square bottles and it's hard to get oil into certain saws without dumpin' it everywhere...Thats a good one

Yeah, its not like there are any large number of trees out here for the loggers to put their Stihls to use on.

Might as well get a husky so I have somethin' that needs constant tinkering on....

NOT!!

I'm with you Gary!
If someone gave me a Husky, I put that sucker on Craigs list!

:jawdrop:

But seriously, I'm not kidding.

Just my opinion,... and 90% of the loggers here in the PNW.

p.s. Trying to find the most recent stats for board feet per year,
so far have found an article stating that Oregon was tops at over 5 Billion bft per year in 1995.
I'm sure a few Stihl saws had a part in that.

Just out of my own curiosity,you cut big timber with a 310 and a craftsman:jawdrop: My poor little Jonsered and I:bowdown: You:rock: ;)

One of my favorites, stuff a length of 1/4" rope or starter rope into the spark plug hole (make sure piston is just above exhaust port) for a gentle piston stop. Then remove clutch nut with a 3/4" drive, 800 ft/lbs of torque impact wrench:laugh:

Just make sure you have it going the right way:dizzy: :ices_rofl:

I keep a few of those wooden shims around for cleaning out the bar and for scraping crud out of the saw.

Back