tmz50/30, bil-jax 5133a or jlgt500j ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arbor, nice to here all is well & that the Genie is an asset!! keep us posted as will I on the reliability & function end!!

:cheers:

LXT...........

I forgot to mention one other small glitch in my operation on Saturday - nothing to do with the genie lift though...

While moving the lift out of the yard after the job was finished, I ran over the side of one of the pine stumps with one of my mini skid tracks. All of the sudden, I couldn't move the mini at all and, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out if a brake was stuck or if something happened to the drive system. I finally looked down and noticed that I had completely thrown the left track off the drive sprocket and was just digging mud. :censored:

Since I had put new tracks on the mini just last week, I knew exactly how to put the track back on; however, I couldn't do it until the next morning since by blocks and jack were back at the shop. By the next morning, the ground had re-frozen and the track sprocket and rollers were full of frozen mud. Took an hour and a half to get it all chipped out and the track back on. By then, my knees were about numb from kneeling on the frozen ground - even with a carpet pad to kneel on.

Anyhow, it wasn't as much fun to install the track outside vs in my nice clean heated shop! Hint for anyone running tracks - watch out for those stumps or anything else that can get the track off-center on the rollers!

Arbor, hey I have info on a couple of parts suppliers that deal with Genie & many other lifts, if interested PM me & Ill give you the info.

They`re very reasonable, cheaper than the repair centers & the same parts!

LXT........

Latest posts

Back