To Buy, or not to buy a 362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input. If the 362 is stronger then a 361 then it is a nasty little saw.

Since I use my saw 8 hours a day, I rarely let a price differance be the reason I choose a saw.(within reason)

One of the reasons I am considering the 562XP is the throttle response. I loved my MS361, but I find my throttle response with my 550XP an advantage when I am limbing Nova Scotia spruce. I assumed this was because of the Husky Autotune.

The throttle response isn't a auto tune thing, it's just a Husky XP thing.
The 346xp had it as well. :msp_smile:

For me a stock 362 is a middle of know were size saw,i have no need for a 60cc saw.
A 241C or 261 for liming,topping saw and then straight to a 441C,460 for most work.

For me a stock 362 is a middle of know were size saw,i have no need for a 60cc saw.
A 241C or 261 for liming,topping saw and then straight to a 441C,460 for most work.

Thats me too. Thats why the ole 361 took a hike. Can't beat a 70cc saw for most wood cutting and felling. (work)

I agree with Anthony.I personally like a 70cc saw, but a 361 or 362 are really good saws imo. The only experience I have with huskies was a few 262's I've had, but I don't really think they had much over the 361's I've owned. I've sold all my 60 cc saws in favor for 70 cc ones.

There is no good reason to buy that one, since the 562xp exist. :msp_wink:

Hmmmmmmm don't think the 362 has any issues to speak of, no updates, no bulletins, no nothing. Can you say the same for the 562,hehe

Sawtroll your still failing buddy. Husky up 1% this year, Stihl up 7.9%. We're almost starting to feel guilty but the good news is we won't kick ya while your up 1%, only when ya down,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm don't think the 362 has any issues to speak of, no updates, no bulletins, no nothing. Can you say the same for the 562,hehe

Sawtroll your still failing buddy. Husky up 1% this year, Stihl up 7.9%. We're almost starting to feel guilty but the good news is we won't kick ya while your up 1%, only when ya down,:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, the MS362 is well known for a crappy air filter design, that they don't seem tobe able to fix....:msp_wink:

No updates often is a result of no progress in the design, not much else....:msp_biggrin:

Well, the MS362 is well known for a crappy air filter design, that they don't seem tobe able to fix....:msp_wink:

No updates often is a result of no progress in the design, not much else....:msp_biggrin:

Hehe, Sawtroll ya haven't changed abit ole boy. Sawtroll if the 362 had all the issues of that high tech thing ma gigy your promoting you would be in heaven blowing the Husky horn, instead your on earth blowing hot air, :biggrinbounce2:

Not much different than my 361 that I dumped for the 362.

I bought a new 362 almost 2 years ago for use as a firewood saw (first new saw purchase for me). Did a muffler mod, adjusted the carb, saw runs strong, great fuel and oil economy. My only complaint is the design of the air filter. It lets real small dust particles through.....and I have the metal clips on the filter tabs. If it had the same HD filter as a 261 or 441, I would have no complaints. I usually run a 20" bar on it. Think it will pull a 25" OK, though probably not that well balanced with a 25" on it.

$659 before tax is under msrp for the 362. I believe the 562 is north of $700. I have a 362, well broken in, and it is a nice saw to run, I enjoy it. I have nothing to say about the 562 as I have not run one, seen one run, touched one or even care to. I would say this, either one would be a good purchase, go fondle each one and buy whichever saw you like best. The bashing of the 362 by certain individuals is expected.

Stihl thread=Sawtroll bait.

I've seen pictures of them :)

Hehe, Sawtroll ya haven't changed abit ole boy. Sawtroll if the 362 had all the issues of that high tech thing ma gigy your promoting you would be in heaven blowing the Husky horn, instead your on earth blowing hot air, :biggrinbounce2:

OH MY :clap:

Last edited:
Well I've been doing some window shopping. Was in a dealer today that had both Husky and Stihl. I compared them both ( 362 and 562) side by side. The husky did seem a little lighter. But not enough to justify the almost $75 dollar price premium.:msp_scared:. Also the master switch was ackward to use and it gave the impression of being cheaply made. Having owned it's predesesser the 365 I do think Husky went backwards with this model.

My two cents.
Sod Breaker

I bought a new 362 almost 2 years ago for use as a firewood saw (first new saw purchase for me). Did a muffler mod, adjusted the carb, saw runs strong, great fuel and oil economy. My only complaint is the design of the air filter. It lets real small dust particles through.....and I have the metal clips on the filter tabs. If it had the same HD filter as a 261 or 441, I would have no complaints. I usually run a 20" bar on it. Think it will pull a 25" OK, though probably not that well balanced with a 25" on it.

Same here -

We have one at work, and the fines get through the filter enough to see on the carb. What I did, for an experiment this week (knowing it will get used and abused; ridden hard and put away wet [literally!]) after Sandy, is a light bead of bearing grease along the edge of the filter.

So far, after 5 days, the filter being blown out daily, they are no noticeable fines in the carb. Maybe Stihl needs to put some sort of flexible strip along the edge of the filter, or some thing of the sort, to keep it tight against the backing plate.

Well I've been doing some window shopping. Was in a dealer today that had both Husky and Stihl. I compared them both ( 362 and 562) side by side. The husky did seem a little lighter. But not enough to justify the almost $75 dollar price premium.:msp_scared:. Also the master switch was ackward to use and it gave the impression of being cheaply made. Having owned it's predesesser the 365 I do think Husky went backwards with this model.

My two cents.
Sod Breaker

357xp was the predecessor. And Husky did Very Good with the 562! :msp_smile:

Same here -

We have one at work, and the fines get through the filter enough to see on the carb. What I did, for an experiment this week (knowing it will get used and abused; ridden hard and put away wet [literally!]) after Sandy, is a light bead of bearing grease along the edge of the filter.

So far, after 5 days, the filter being blown out daily, they are no noticeable fines in the carb. Maybe Stihl needs to put some sort of flexible strip along the edge of the filter, or some thing of the sort, to keep it tight against the backing plate.

+1 I rub the mating surfaces with a little bar oil and it helps as well.

+1 I rub the mating surfaces with a little bar oil and it helps as well.

rofl...that right there is sig worthy.

Seriously though, sealing around the edges is not the whole issue. I actually have fines pull straight through the filter, it appears that dust is not making it around my filter but rather through it. I was fortunate enough to have Stihl return my saw to the regional tech. for evaluation. I was informed by telephone as well as in writing that the fines, as long as it is primarily wood fines not abrasives, would not harm the saw. Pretty much a lifetime warranty against any failure due to such is what Stihl gave me.

pass through fines

It sounds like the rep is implying that their saw and filter is designed to injest wood dust without any detrimental effects however I highly disagree with that form of logic, but sounds to be on par with what a Mfg rep would say.
I see now why Stihl is selling some newer models with the better filtration system. However for the current models with standard filtration, I would look for a thin pre filter skin/wrap or the thick "old school" oiled foam type of pre-filter. Anything to prevent dusting your motor.

(my 2¢)

Back