To Trzz

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Your email got to me, but there was something wrong with your return addy

As for how much to use, you need to read the label to get the specified rate. Some will give lbs per gallon or 100 gal, others as a percentage of . But the labile is the law, and must be followed.

As for what type of sprayer, it all depends on how much of it you want to do and how much you want to invest. You can get a small 25 gal, 5gpm rig for around $3-500 with a tall tree gun. If you want to do tall trees then you need a bigger pump and hose.

There are several factors to getting a good spray, the biggest is getting fat drops from a good fluid column, vs. a fractured stream that drifts all over the place. For a good tall fluid stream you need moderate pressure, good gpm's and a big short hose.

So a 12 hp motor, 15-25 gpm pump, 200 Gal tank and 3/4 inch hose if your doing tall trees. Then to moderate your final output you carry several different apertures for the tall tree gun so that you can get the hight you need when you need it, but on smaller trees you don't use too much product. Getting to the top of a tall tree with minimal drift requires a high flow rate that will waste product on a 30 ft tree.

As to how much to charge, you need to figure your time, equipment and materials. I know some small operators will charge for their time and the product used. E.g. Alamo is $320/qt and they used 15 oz and 1hr 10 min portal to portal..

I'm available for arboriculture training sessions in warm climates for a reduced rates in warmer climates these times of the year <g>. Climbing, rigging, IPM, inspections...

byron wrote:

> Hellow Mr. Sanborn. I have enjoyed reading your letters in arborsite. I
> have a customer who I have sprayed kocide to kill ball moss. I used a
> pressure washer with a attachment for soap(it could allow more or less).
> The pices I sprayed and took home to see the results didnot die. How
> much Kocide per gallon is needed? When I sprayed it looked transparent
> blue. Is there a good sprayer to use to do this type of spraying? The
> trees are 40' high live oaks. There are 7 of them some canopys are small
> for their height and I charged $400.00. I was told it takes 2
> applications. How far off on the bid do you think I am? I appreciate
> your knowledge, info at arborsite, and your time. trzz
>
>

Back