Today's project "log hauler"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I started with an old trailer frame this morning and started fitting and welding......I was in my favorite train of redneck thought!!! I needed a way of nabbing some sawlogs that we've been leaving around the in the woods...I dont like dragging them as they get mud in the bark and thats hard on the saw!
Sooooo....here's the final deal and it worked really good...the 1-1/2 pipe ramps are too slick...other than that....works great!

Let me see if I can find another pic. that shows the pipe ramps....they are 1-1/2" black iron pipe X 5' long......they store in a rack beside the tongue when moving......I'm thinking that self adhesive non skid tape around the length of them would work for quite sometime but depending on cost....I might make some new ones out of 1-1/2X1-1/2 heavy wall box tubing and weld chains on the top of them with ice breaker cleats from old tire chains!......

Two cant hooks and walk them right on up on the trailer.

i use an old boat trailer like that. i threw 2 x 10's on it for a deck, kept the hand winch and the best part is the trailer tilts. that winch drags anything right up onto the trailer.

I'll get some more pics. tomorrow of the details of it....that's the only ramp pic. I had....and with the log on the bank....it worked great...but when the logs are beside the hauler.....the steepness of the ramps lets the log want too scoot down the pipes......they need teeth too hold the log!.

Try to weld thin strips of expanded metal onto the pipes. Or you could paint them with paint that is mixed with that grit that they use for tread on stairs.

Nice

I started with an old trailer frame this morning and started fitting and welding......I was in my favorite train of redneck thought!!! I needed a way of nabbing some sawlogs that we've been leaving around the in the woods...I dont like dragging them as they get mud in the bark and thats hard on the saw!
Sooooo....here's the final deal and it worked really good...the 1-1/2 pipe ramps are too slick...other than that....works great!

Nice little tractor, I like the scenery there 2, Vibes, made a point that works well on slippery slopes, Here is a (Redneck recipe that works) Get a bag of fine silica sand, and sprinkel it on the fresh paint, the thicker the coat of paint, the better,. then spray another coat on top, Depending on the application, The course silica sand might work better, For good results, (buy) the silica sand, T,C, E,J,

Paint/sand

Nice little tractor, I like the scenery there 2, Vibes, made a point that works well on slippery slopes, Here is a (Redneck recipe that works) Get a bag of fine silica sand, and sprinkel it on the fresh paint, the thicker the coat of paint, the better,. then spray another coat on top, Depending on the application, The course silica sand might work better, For good results, (buy) the silica sand, T,C, E,J,

Another Redneck recipe you might try, If your are painting with a brush,. Is dump the silica sand in the paint and stir it up real good, You will need to stir it every minite to keep it suspended, Use about a 25 % mix for starters, test and adjust,..T,C, E,J,

Sweet tractor... nice setup. You guys are always giving me great ideas... Thanks.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back