Todays sycamore removal with crane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a first crane removal seemed like a job well done. Although from the minute I saw the first pic I knew you were gonna take heat for this job.
Couple question for ya, how long would this removal of taken without a crane.
How long did it take you with the crane.
Did you spike down every lead with the crane lifting you back to the next tip.
Why didn't you tie into the central leader and work the tree without going up and down, looked like you only used a flip line, seems much slower.
Did you come out ahead profit wise using the crane compared to manual take down.
Thanks in advance, I hope to do more crane work, just doesn't seem profitable if you have to rent particulary on a job like this.

Thanks Mr. H.W., I knew I was going to catch heat too, but hey you learn from criticism. This was the first crane job I've done, I would like to do it again, learning more as I go. The whole tree took about 2 hours. This is my crane operator on my jobsite and he approached me about doing a tree with him to an agreed hourly rate, so I took it and now he wants to do more. I got to say he is one of the best operators I've ever used on the jobsite and he's safe too.

what-a-stihl;29592 This was the first crane job I've done said:
So it was the crane guys job and he contracted you to do the cutting? I agree about the getting tired of sawdust in the eyes, i use stihl safety glasses behind a steel mesh face shield and stihl get dust in my eyes.... glad it went ok for you man. Be careful out there

good job in a sense, but im sure that was no sycamore tree, looked very much like a london plane, nasty horrible #### tree, but lookslike you had fun mate!

Latest posts

Back