Todays Vehicles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dislike almost everything about the newer trucks.:(
Sure they get better mileage than the old relics, but everything you save in fuel you have to spend on some stupid sensor. I had a 97 powerstroke leave me stranded out in the woods. Turns out it was a cam position sensor, well over $100.00 for 25 cents worth of electronic doo-dad. Why in the he11 does a diesel engine need a cam position sensor, or any of the other bs sensors they put on em? Damned EPA!
I knew I was in trouble with the powerstroke when I couldn't find an injection pump on it.:laugh:

In my opinion anyone running an automatic transmission, and hauling anything should have a trans. temp. guage. Heat is the enemy of auto tranny's.

Andy

:rockn: OK Here is the link. Nothing worse than hearin some good old boys screamin in pain because the pickup is F ed up. Your not alone.- -- --- ---- Intermotive Products Overdrive Inverter Auburn Ca. Page # 6. It is a relatively EZ install if you know electronics at all & if not any local wizard should be able to help with a profession install. Pretty much plug & play. These things are true and tested on emergency equipment without one failure in every day well beatin use.

I went over there & it looks like they have performed some further improvements. It is now called the Dura Trans Overdrive controller. My inverter is still workin so its all good. The new one looks tits though. HI

Latest posts

Back