Too Many Skidders!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for some caulks!

If you are getting 4 25"+ dbh trees every twelve minutes all day long you are flying!

Had over a hundred trees on the ground to start with. Catching me quickly. Thats the problem. When they catch me, then what? Get rid of a driver? Hire a cutter? Good cutters are hard to find these days.:cheers:

Sounds like a nice problem to have. Stay safe, don't get too rushed, you got to live to enjoy all that dough you're making.:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

Why can't they work 4 days/wk you work 5days/wk?

Some work ..or no work. Depends on how the job market is.

Had over a hundred trees on the ground to start with. Catching me quickly. Thats the problem. When they catch me, then what? Get rid of a driver? Hire a cutter? Good cutters are hard to find these days.:cheers:

When they catch you, make them help. if they dont wanna, send them down the road..

Why can't they work 4 days/wk you work 5days/wk?

Some work ..or no work. Depends on how the job market is.

I work 6 and most of the time 7 days a week, weather permitting. This winter was awful, so im really trying to catch up.

When they catch you, make them help. if they dont wanna, send them down the road..

They help. Cant send them down the road. One of the skidder drivers is the owner of the mill im contracted to! He is really good guy. Actually fell about 2 acres for me thursday. Cant complain.:cheers:

Sounds like a nice problem to have. Stay safe, don't get too rushed, you got to live to enjoy all that dough you're making.:cheers:

Mr. HE:cool:

You are right about that. But the only thing im spending it on is more saws!!! Darn cad!!:clap:

Back