top handled saw use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these different threads about one handing vs. two handing climbing saws has made me turn over a new leaf. Now I swear to be more safety conscious. From now on whenever I find myself juggling three MS200s with the throttles taped, going full bore, I'll be sure to use two hands. :)

Old Monkey said:
All these different threads about one handing vs. two handing climbing saws has made me turn over a new leaf. Now I swear to be more safety conscious. From now on whenever I find myself juggling three MS200s with the throttles taped, going full bore, I'll be sure to use two hands. :)

Reading that makes it all worthwhile!
dude.gif

Must be like a steering wheel on a car. Any safety class will say to keep both hands on the wheel - but...we have to shift with one hand don't we?

:)

Koa Man said:
I one hand my 020T when needed and I don't give a rat's behind what anybody else thinks.

I think we could delete all these threads and place that as a sticky, and not loose any real meaning.

Excellent post!

Go for it Koa Man

I one hand the living hell out of my top handled saws, cut n chuck as much of the tree/palm as I can.

Imagine cutting all the fronds off two handing?

At college we have to two hand all the time and it really stuffs me up, takes for ever to cut something down and a lot longer to get into two handed positions. Long live the top handled saw.

Lumberjack said:
1 handing a 044 or similar saw is normally foolish, you cant control it, the MS200T on the other hand... its made like that for a reason.

QUOTE]

I onehand my 460 when ringing down sometimes....sue me

Ekka said:
At college we have to two hand all the time and it really stuffs me up, takes for ever to cut something down and a lot longer to get into two handed positions. Long live the top handled saw.

Yeah of course, them college folks don't know crap do they sure does suck having to be taught by people who know so much less than you.:rolleyes:

M.D. Vaden said:
Any safety class will say to keep both hands on the wheel - but...we have to shift with one hand don't we?

And hold the cell phone between your ear and shoulder with a Big Mac in your other hand! :D

Latest posts

Back