Torn Like and Old Sweater!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Log hog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Need a new grinder and need info Please? I have a 1625 with 25hp kohler. I demo'd a older bandit with a 27hp Lombardini cause the salesman happned to be in town and called me and it was a joke. I then demo'd a new RAYCO 1645 and it was awesome! A stump that would have taken me 45-60 mins with my 1625, took me maybe 20 min with the 1645. It had swing out controls and I could see good. I really liked how solid the RAYCO was set up. It had heavy duty every thing, really well built. I like how it went right from the engine to a gear box and then a poly chain which is submerged in an oil bath, attached to the cutter wheel. That to me seemed very stout! Price $32,000ish. I am also wanting to demo the Bandit 2550 whith the same hp and I think very simular price? Just loking for some helpful feed back Thanks guys!

Oh! Forgot to tell ya there are no dealers here in WI! So not sure if I will even be able to demo a 2550? If I do what kind of support will I have if there are no dealers here???

Oh! Forgot to tell ya there are no dealers here in WI! So not sure if I will even be able to demo a 2550? If I do what kind of support will I have if there are no dealers here???

You won't have support without a close dealer. That said, it wouldn't effect my own decision too much. I don't use the dealer too much. Stump grinders are for the most part fabricated with common parts. I can get belts, bearings, hoses, filters etc. locally and fix it myself. Most of the time it's cheaper to get a belt or bearing from a power drive componant distributor than from the dealer. In the event that I do need brand specific parts, I order them and have them in a couple of days.

Back