Torx and Hex Bits For Saw Repairs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It`s only money, soon forgotten once one uses a good quality tool , that`s been my motto since day one buying and using tools. That has been so many years now and my first tool set is still with me. In the 60`s Sears sold real Craftsman heavy chrome plated tools. I have yet to actually wear one out, broke two combination wrenches , totally my own doing horsing with a slip over pipe. I bought new replacements and wouldn`r dream of asking to have them replaced under warranty, they still reside in one of my many tool chests as a reminder of my foolishness/ need to get a rusted/seized bolt out under difficult conditions.
I have a set of Bondhus Allen keys, they are very good!

I had the torx, allen both SAE and metric in my shopping cart. Sticker shock was high. Knowing myself, I'll probably revisit the idea again, sooner then later, and hit the buy button.
You were happy with your saws, next minute you had brought a 500i, so I don’t doubt your notion of revisiting the set hehe.

I look for the expensive tools now days, if the price is low, I’ll overlook it normally. Tired of cheap crap tools that just fail.
I look for the most expensive, then I’ll research the options and go from there.

You were happy with your saws, next minute you had brought a 500i, so I don’t doubt your notion of revisiting the set hehe.

I look for the expensive tools now days, if the price is low, I’ll overlook it normally. Tired of cheap crap tools that just fail.
I look for the most expensive, then I’ll research the options and go from there.

Being able to sell well used saws at, or nearly at, what I had paid goes a long ways in rationalizing a new saw purchase.

I bought a 5 pack of Irwin 6 inch long T-27. As they are hexed shape shaft, I took one to the grinder and rounded enough length so it would slide down a small cylinder hole to get to the head screw. I'll dedicate that one for that purpose.

I bought klein tools Torx 20-25-27 T handles, the grip is comfortable and safely removed hundreds of fasteners on small engines without a failure. I also snagged this 3/8 drive extra long set for use on the 3/8 impact for fast tear downs and they have held up perfectly. I too buy the best possible tools.

CARBYNE 7 Piece Extra Long Bit Socket Set - Torx, S2 Steel Bits | 3/8" Drive, T-10 to T-40​

How do you mean?
The auto range feature is agonizingly slow for volts/mil amps , ohms it takes over 30 seconds because it counts down from max mega to the reading 10% at a time and anything read below 10 ohms is simply 0'd as the thing tries to adjust for meter lead resistance. This job belongs to fieldpiece or fluke, preferably fluke.

The auto range feature is agonizingly slow for volts/mil amps , ohms it takes over 30 seconds because it counts down from max mega to the reading 10% at a time and anything read below 10 ohms is simply 0'd as the thing tries to adjust for meter lead resistance. This job belongs to fieldpiece or fluke, preferably fluke.
Very strange, mines instant, the refresh rate is what really stood out to me! I’d suggest taking it back for a replacement, it certainly shouldn’t take that long!

Very strange, mines instant, the refresh rate is what really stood out to me! I’d suggest taking it back for a replacement, it certainly shouldn’t take that long!

Even the old Analog Simpson meters I used in the Marine Corps responded better. Definitely something is jacked about his meter.

The only Fluke I ever owned was an "autorange" model,, That thing sucked,,
It was impossible to get it on to the correct range quickly,,

Eventually it would get to the right range,, but, why do I have to "fight" with a meter??
I preferred a Harbor Freight freebie to the Fluke,,

Actually, the red Harbor Freight is in the top tray of my toolbox right now,,
The Fluke is in the bottom of the landfill.

I bought a set of T handle Eklind torxs at Home Depot for $25 to my door. Part #68688

Attachments

• 20220227_092246.jpg
    20220227_092246.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
Back