Toughest, most indestructable saw ever built?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntaholic

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, what is the toughest, most indestructible saw ever built? Whatever it is, I NEED ONE! Guy that works for me bucking logs on the yard could tear up and anvil with a rubber hammer! He needs something with no anti vibe, no springs, no bushings, nothing except a rock solid design that he cant break in half! I don't care if it weighs 50 lbs and only has a chain speed of 200 rpms, he has GOT to stop tearing stuff up!

Take the cost of repairs out of his pay check.
You'd be surprised how fast he pulled his head out of his keister and started using it for more than a hat rack.
I have seen this before, one of my neigbors have a worker. I have had the saw, bent and worn bar and worn out chain at my bench. A 2252.
But I know that guy of he's is working really good, like no one else would. So I'd say give the guy some credit just for being who he is. He is worth it.

Just my two cents if I had any...

I have seen this before, one of my neigbors have a worker. I have had the saw, bent and worn bar and worn out chain at my bench. A 2252.
But I know that guy of he's is working really good, like no one else would. So I'd say give the guy some credit just for being who he is. He is worth it.

Just my two cents if I had any...
I understand what your saying, but. How about some accountability? (Something the whole world is lacking)
I learned very early in life if I broke something I fixed it (grew up on a farm).

I understand what your saying, but. How about some accountability? (Something the whole world is lacking)
I learned very early in life if I broke something I fixed it (grew up on a farm).
Nothing wrong about learning, you might too when you let him go. I'd say give him a 038 mag. Not the farmertec stuff - the real one.
Or a MS-382 if you have the credit and ability. With a solid milled bar, lets say Cannon.
Because you want your worker to have proper tools right ?

Like the title says, what is the toughest, most indestructible saw ever built? Whatever it is, I NEED ONE! Guy that works for me bucking logs on the yard could tear up and anvil with a rubber hammer! He needs something with no anti vibe, no springs, no bushings, nothing except a rock solid design that he cant break in half! I don't care if it weighs 50 lbs and only has a chain speed of 200 rpms, he has GOT to stop tearing stuff up!
Sounds familiar. Sent him to me. We would be two peas in a pod.

Ron

Poulan wild thing
Poulan 3314. Got mine for less than $100 new. I've cut a bunch with it. My brother ported it and I did a muff mod. I've loaned it out and a buddy who cut enough wood to heat his home all winter. It just won't die. I've replaced sprockets, chains and bars and it just keeps cutting.

Yall don't understand. Ive kept him in everything from a 372xp, 576xp, ms461, ms441c, hell Ive lost count of the saws hes destroyed ON THE YARD. Diesel in a chainsaw? YEP, hes done it, countless fuel tanks, handle bars, bushings, bars, you name it. And YES Ive tried making him pay for what he tears up, it doesn't make any difference! Hes crushed them with logs, dropped logs on them, ground them up sitting on the turntable of the knuckleboom, you name it! I need something INDESTRUCTABLE! You can find help, so replacing him isn't an option.

iu

Back