tracked loader vs skid loader vs compact tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah muted it, and didn't add any cover music. All about the mini and grapple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Image.jpg This is a 12'x 22" spruce log still under the tipping capacity of the 800tx held while heeled.

Plus a sweatshirt ;)

But 800tx won't fit on my truck, or through a standard gate. Otherwise, I would have probably went that route.

Actually that's plastic bag the HO tied around a chunk of metal from a grown in plant hanger bracket. Yes the 800 is wider but for me it is perfect. From the looks of it the 800 is much stronger than the 650 but in the end it's still better than lifting wood by hand.

Stronger and better track design (drive wheel off the ground).

That was one of the most important things for me when I was looking for a mini, the lift height. The vermeer and ditchwitch have the highest reach out of the mini's and they are both the same. I bought a vermeer s650tx and a 14' PJ dump trailer and it works good, I can lift logs over the side to load.
If you don't mind me asking. What do you have your trailer gvw at? What do you pull it with?

If you don't mind me asking. What do you have your trailer gvw at? What do you pull it with?
14k on the trailer and I have a 2010 2500 ram with the cummins. Before the dodge I had a 04 chevy 2500 with the 6.0.

For me, I can get a lot of Wood and Branches to the chipper with ease. I am a Tractor Man. I know your usually a skid steer guy or a tractor guy! My Compact Backhoe loader gets the job done! I love it!

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 83
I have a tracked skid steer, but I probably take my mini excavator on 90% on the jobs that I need a machine on. In most parts of the US, this wouldn't make sense, but here in the mtns, it's great. Most wood is over the bank of a driveway, or on a severe slope all together. I'm almost to the point that I would rather have a mini track loader for neighborhood jobs.

For me, I can get a lot of Wood and Branches to the chipper with ease. I am a Tractor Man. I know your usually a skid steer guy or a tractor guy! My Compact Backhoe loader gets the job done! I love it!

What model Yanmar is that? How much will it lift?

What model Yanmar is that? How much will it lift?
Todd its a YANMAR CBL 40. It lifts 2800lbs all the way up and a little more 1/4 way up. So far whatever goes in grapple gets lifted and moved. Great for so many things even piled firewood to grab a big grapple bucket load n dump in trucks for deliveries. Having Backhoe is icing on cake but serves great for counter weight.

Just looked it up, that's a pretty impressive machine for it's size. I could definitely use a backhoe in our work and at home.

Swinger 2000 ag any day

way easier to mount / unmount machine vs climb in and out of bobcat

great on lawns

Latest posts

Back