Tractor Man Jeppson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisDoyle

Reaction score
I'm new to this board and I'm posting to share this song I've recorded that I hope loggers and tractor guys will enjoy:

Folk Alley: OpenMic - Song Information

"Tractor Man Jeppson" celebrates the life of Guy A Jeppson (Mar. 27, 1921 - Feb. 3, 2010).

Guy was a local legend in the Lower Willamette Valley of Oregon. To quote from his obituary:

"Never far from the woods, Guy helped out other self-employed loggers until he was in his 80s. Guy worked out of his shop repairing equipment for “Gypos’s” and larger logging companies. His children remember long hours their dad worked to get equipment repaired so other loggers could get back to work. He charged affordable prices to everyone and actually did free jobs to those loggers having hard times. People drove from miles around to have Guy work on their rigs."

He also had a musical side:

"Guy played the fiddle, guitar, mandolin, and steel guitar and could play three instruments at once. In his younger years, Guy played at dances all around Linn County. In his later years, he enjoyed playing at JJ’s Music and having jam sessions at home."
I never met him, but I heard all about him from my friend Charlie who knew him both as a tractor guru and as a fellow musician.#

His obit and a nice picture of him are here:

Olsen's Sweet Home Funeral Chapel - Memorials and Funeral Notices

This song is a follow-up to an earlier tractor song "Old Tractor" wherein Guy Jeppson is mentioned. It has been featured in several YouTube videos and seen/heard by many thousands:

Folk Alley: OpenMic - Song Information

Thanks for listening!

Dennis Doyle

Latest posts

Back