Training In/Near NY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtDawg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

So I'm looking to become a certified arborist. I'm currently self employed as a landscaper, and have done a good amount of felling, firewood, some heavy clearing and forestry, and small tree service jobs. Recently doing some pretty serious clearing on a rather large hill with a friend, we began talking seriously about finding a course that would be about a week or so that would lead us down the road to being certified arborists. I'm not looking to climb trees every day, but I've done a bit of climbing, and would like to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing for safety's sake. Also the certification would be nice. Regardless, getting some education might save my life someday.

The closest one we could find is in Ohio, about 8 hours from here. We're in Upstate, NY, much closer Vermont, even NH or Maine. Does anyone have an idea of where we could get this kind of training closer to home? I'm not looking to go to school for a year or even a semester as I work. I have some friends who have gone to SUNY ESF and Paul Smith's for this kind of thing but I don't think I could make that work out for me right now. Would love any good suggestions. Thank you!

Check out Arbormaster. 2/3 day workshops. Beginner and advanced. Can be taken back to back as a 5 day too. ACRT in Ohio is great also. Good move to get formal training. It will pay in many ways. Boost your knowledge and confidence at the same time!:msp_thumbsup:

Basic Arborist 5 day workshop in Ohio is your best bet probably. Arbormaster may be closer though. The nxt basic arborist workshop in Ohio starts April 15th. Get in on it, don't think there is a better option. I would travel from Oregon if I could. Maybe nxt winter. I'm gearin up for another season and cant get away or I'd be there also. I think there is only 5-6 people signed up for April 15th. they can take 12. Plenty of hands on one on one training. Best of luck

Latest posts

Back