Transporting your saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camoman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So what do you guys transport your saw it? I was going to buy a box for my Stihl 361 but now I was thinking of making one.. I have heard of guys acoutally forming foam aroudn the saw in a box so they can strap them to there ATV too.

Anyone have any suggestions or pics of what they built?

Cheers!:greenchainsaw:

What's your normal mode of transportation? That'll make a difference in how to protect the saw. I'm always in a pickup and then walking a short distance off the roads to cut (no ATV needed) or at home (logger's cords delivered for firewood). I just use a blade guard and put the saw on the floor or passenger seat of the pickup.

I can picture a lot of cool carrying customizations for ATVs though.

Mine normally ride in the back of the truck, or on a trailer. When dropping and skidding trees, the saw is normally hanging by the front handle off a post on the loader frame of the tractor. My 7300 doesn't like to hang there decent though, (bar rubs on loader frame, can't be good for the chain), so I'm gonna make up a scabbard that the bar will slide down into out of some 1x6s with some spacer strips to fit the bar between, screwed together so the bar slides down the center of it, then mount that to the loader frame. I'll make sure to take pics and post them when I build it.

There are commercially made saw holders that go onto ATV racks, maybe go to an ATV dealer, or some place like Gander Mtn, to get ideas and make your own.

I have one jonsered saw box that came with my 2156, and a bunch of scabbards. For the truck or trailer the scabbards are fine, but the box is way better on the quad. I just set it on the front rack, pull the winch cable over it and tighten down. Otherwise I use scabbards and bungee chords to hold the saws on the rack.

Wow, you guys take good care of your saws.

Mine just get thrown in the pickup box with a bar scabbard. If I'm going to leave a saw unattended I padlock it to a tiedown in the box with a 3/8" chain.

Wow, you guys take good care of your saws.

Mine just get thrown in the pickup box with a bar scabbard. If I'm going to leave a saw unattended I padlock it to a tiedown in the box with a 3/8" chain.

I like to think I take very good care of my tools, but I also let the saws ride in the bed of the truck. Nine times out of ten I was run a strap or bungee through the handles to keep them from sliding if I hit the brakes hard.

The orange Stihl saw box works great. But get rid of the bar scabbard that comes with it, its junk. Otherwise, thumbs up. Keeps the saw all snuggly and safe.

Latest posts

Back