Trauma care.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the reasons I started this thread was because of where I have been working lately. While accessible, the logistics to get help, and transportation to a hospital in case of injury could be hours(unless airlifted). That time can change a bad injury, to a serous one.
In the mid 80's I was crushed by a massive fir at night while fighting a fire. Its miraculous I wasn't killed. We were 20 miles in on a logging road. There was an inversion layer that made visibility poor. It took 6 hours to get me to a mash unit. I was lucky I had no lacerations or internal bleeding or I may not have made it to Happy Camp.
A person can only lose so much blood before they go into shock, Depending on the injury a person can bleed out pretty quick, the longer it takes paramedic to stabilize a victim of a serious tramua and get them to a hospital the less likely they'll make it. I am going to make sure I have a tourniquet kit and a blood stopping agent in my first aid kit to up the odds.
We take a lot for granted but there is a reason our workers comp. is so high, we are in a high risk profession

Basic first aid can go along way and I suggest all who read this thread, take some classes. When it is needed, its too late to learn. A hour of training can save a lifetime

Latest posts

Back